Thigh / pelvic pain

carlybFebruary 11, 2009

I fell hard on my side and the thigh/hip areas took the full hit. It happened five days ago. I thought I had hurt my hip and went to the dr. where xray showed a bone chip but nothing else. It doesn't hurt to sit or sleep if I don't lay on that side. When raising the leg and walking I've a lot of pain and most of it seems to run right along the bottom of the pelvic bone. I've been using a cane when I have to walk. Could muscle strain cause this. How much longer should I wait before going back to the dr?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

If you haven't done anything yet, I think you should call the doctor and ask to speak with the nurse or the doctor himself, explaining your concerns. They can help decide if you should come in.

Sorry for your troubles. Hope you are better soon.

s

Bookmark   February 12, 2009 at 8:14PM
morz8

carlyb, you fell so know you had some trauma with reason for pain, but pelvic/groin with added thigh pain can be a symptom of hip joint damage...where was the chip? If the discomfort you've been feeling isn't improving by next week, I wonder if you wouldn't want to see an orthopedist...assuming the doctor you saw was a primary care physician.

Bookmark   February 14, 2009 at 12:10AM
carlyb

Had the MRI today. Pelvis fractured at the hip but not all the way thru. Will heal itself if I keep all weight off and use a wheelchair for 8 wks. I can handle that. I don't want surgery if I can avoid it. She (dr) said the bone chip earlier noticed was not really a chip (gave it a name which I don't remember). I've always drank alot of skim milk which maybe in this case helped.

Bookmark   February 17, 2009 at 11:12PM
morz8

Oh, ouch. It's good to hear you don't need surgery though, I was afraid your doctor might have missed a hip fracture - I hope you can manage with the wheel chair (without cheating) and give the fracture you do have time to heal. Good luck!

Bookmark   February 18, 2009 at 10:25PM
More Discussions
Chronic Chapped Lips
I have NEVER had lips that weren't chapped ever since...
ms_minnamouse
air purifier, blueair 650E/IQ healthpro plus/whirlpool AP51030K
I am considering buying one or two more air purifiers...
janesylvia
itchy skin eczema?
I have been itching and scratching since the end of...
alanis
Post Pregnancy Joint Pain & Muscle Stiffness
Wondering if others have experienced joint pain and...
Audlee
Any help for balance problems?
I hope someone can relate. I have terrible balance...
phoggie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™