need special support group for kids

Shannon01June 19, 2007

This is a very delicate situation that needs help. Are there any online or inperson groups for kids whos parent died under very distrubing circumstances? To be exact- erotic exphixiation. Kids call it the choking game, etc. But when it happens to a grown adult with kids, it is a very, very difficult situation. There is literally no one to talk with because the kids do not totally understand the situation, and kids who have lost a parent through other means would be freaked out to hear these kids problems when in group. These survivors literally have no one to talk to. But there has to be help somewhere. Does anyone know of any support group like this? I am going to try an online search but you end up getting a lot of websites glorifying the habit so it is very hard to weed through.

Thanks for any advice.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
doc8404

Oh my. Shannon, I would suggest sending a email to professional asking for guidance to resources. I also did a quick google search and like you said, the results were hard to wade through.

Perhaps someone like Dr. Helen Smith. She is a forensic psychologist in Tennesse. She can be reached at drhelen -at - violentkids.com. Maybe she can point you in the right direction.

Good luck - Doc

Bookmark   June 19, 2007 at 1:53PM
Shannon01

I did find one online forum. Unfortunatly a lot of posters were parents of the deceased or spouses. I really do not think a teen boy would feel comfortable there, but I may ask some of those folks if there is a place for kids. My sis is at wits end trying to get help for this boy. To have to enter your teen years is bad enough without a dad, but to have no dad under these circumstances is just about the most horrible circumstances one can be under, especially as a boy. I will keep searching and anyone who has advice on a site, I would appreciate it.

Bookmark   June 22, 2007 at 1:02PM
mav63_2007

Shannon,
My only advice would be to try "drphil.com" I looked around the site and I think that might be a possibility for help.Let us know.
Good luck and God Bless.
Mavis

Bookmark   June 22, 2007 at 3:35PM
More Discussions
How to live after the death of a spouse
Hope this might be helpful to some. 1 Before you move...
JoAnn_Fla
Memorial Scholarship
Greetings, Does anyone have any experience setting...
xminion
how to help a grieving mom
tomorrow I am going to visit my beautful cousin who...
homebodymom
Loss of my Mother
Um, I've never really done anything like this before...
Rachel_
Do you believe in the afterlife?
I never gave much thought to death before... but now...
Sad-33
Sponsored Products
Hillsdale Mix-N-Match 3 Piece Pub Table Set w/ Cierra Stools in Flame
Beyond Stores
Magic Garden Bookshelf
Classic Hostess
Hector Medium Table Light - Blue - Original BTC
$275.00 | HORNE
5' Red Cedar Royal Highback Swing
Fifthroom.com
Babyletto | Trapeze Glider
YLiving.com