Bose Wave Radio

jadreyFebruary 17, 2006

I'm thinking I'd like a Bose radio & CD player. Does anyone have one and are they really that much better than others.....maybe a Sony?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fbozek

I've had one for about 5 years now and really enjoy it. It fills a room but it's no replacement for a top notch stereo system with good speakers. But as a Cd/radio that you use to listen to in a dining room, kitchen, or living room, it sounds great. Is it worth $400-$500? Tough call, depends on your budget, it's probably a tad overpriced though, but then again most Bose stuff is.

Bookmark   February 21, 2006 at 4:28PM
mleeseberg

I have never been a fan of Bose, though they have their following.

Check out the cambridge soundworks cd/radio, received great reviews from CNET. I have an older Henry Kloss Model 88 radio and love it, wish I bought the alarm clock module back then.

Bookmark   March 7, 2006 at 7:19PM
gail618

I have a bose wave radio/cd. It's good but the cd player broke after a couple of years and to have it fixed it's $100 flat fee regardless of what the problem is. I have heard the cambridge soundworks/cd is better also so I'm debating spending the $100 to have the bose fixed or spend it on a new cambridge. I also agree that Henry Kloss is great - we have their model one radios and their Pal radios and they are fantastic - much better sound then the bose. But you can't get radio and cd together - have to buy both separately. According to most reviews, the Cambridge has much better sound than Bose and at a better price.

Bookmark   March 8, 2006 at 10:40AM
jadrey

Thanks for the info.

Bookmark   March 12, 2006 at 5:57PM
netarc

My 0.02 - general consensus in the A/V world is that their strength lies in their marketing. I would strongly consider checking out the Henry Kloss (sp?) radio ... I think you'll be surprised at the difference.

Bookmark   March 12, 2006 at 6:30PM
More Discussions
Public Broadcast TV Channels
I'm behind with the technologies so here I need some...
redsun9
Speaker Placement for multiple watching configurations
We have a minor dilemma about where to put our speakers. Our...
Fynite
best universall remote for plasma/cd player/radio, etc.
Finally got our beautiful/great sounding(looks/sound...
bafeuer
Upgrading speakers in FR -- stick with Bose?
We do most of our TV viewing in our Family Room. Recently...
Janice742
Wireless cable/satellite boxes?
We are planning on putting our TV above our gas fireplace....
broston2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™