Movable bracket to move TV over (non-working) fireplace up/down?

sarahandbrayJanuary 4, 2009

I'm not sure if that subject title even made any sense or not--I was wondering if there was any type of bracket that you could attach to a flat screen tv that could move it left/right AND up/down to reach the perfect viewing height, yet could be put "back" just over the fireplace when done viewing.

Our fireplace mantle in our 150-year-old house is not as high as in many newer houses, so I don't think the height would be too terribly annoying, and it's a non-working fireplace, so that wouldn't be an issue either. I would really like it up there because we have a tough-to-configure living room with four door-ways, two windows, a big, cast-iron radiator, and the fireplace--thus, not a lot of room for an entertainment center and enough seating.

Has anyone seen anything like this "bracket"?

Thanks!

Sarah from Albany

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stash-hdy

http://www.toptvmounts.com/collections/swivel-tv-mounts/products/swivel-tv-mount-32-60

Try this link, these brackets swivel out and tilt down, most tilt 15 degrees max. There are many manufacturers this is just one.

Bookmark   January 5, 2009 at 10:37AM
stash-hdy

one other point, never seen a bracket that would move up and down. They move out and tilt.

Bookmark   January 5, 2009 at 11:20AM
perqqderqq

Wow that is a really good idea! I've never seen a bracket that would swing down even though I can picture exactly what you mean. Maybe it exists. I hope so. I have a room much like yours, except I have 5 doors and no radiator. The fireplace area is the best place for the TV, but I like my TV at seated eye level, not above, even if it's "tilted" downward.

- Jim

Bookmark   May 15, 2009 at 4:59PM
More Discussions
Which Gaming System is the Best: Game Cube, Play Station or XBox?
Which do you think is the best and why? What games...
cupofkindness
Seeking layout suggestions
So we are not fond of our current media setup in our...
tkstock
Speaker Placement for multiple watching configurations
We have a minor dilemma about where to put our speakers. Our...
Fynite
Small Stereo Speakers
I want to buy a pair of small stereo speakers. I am...
john_wc
DVR with disk burner?
I'd like to buy a hard disk recorder to record over...
ionized_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™