6 months...barely

piscesmaxxJune 23, 2007

It has just passed the 6 month mark on the death of my best friend of 18 years. I am at a loss daily. I talk to his sister, mom, dad, our other friends...nothing makes me feel better. He was my best friend, my soul-mate, my rock, my hero, my guide in this world...my everything. I just don't know how to keep from randomly crying when I hear songs he loved or think of things we did together. I just want this part to be over so that I can continue on with my life. I think about him so much that it is distracting me, I am on meds to counter my own depression and anxiety, I am just not getting where I need to be.

I recently did a 20 mile walk in NYC to raise money and awareness for depression and suicide, as he was subjet to both in his life, as am I. He was always the one I went to when I was down and now, everyone is leaning on me for support and I just don't know how to help, considering I am just as messed up as they are. I think I should be getting therapy, but I just don't have the money. I think I should be spending more time doing things to occupy my time, but I just want to sit and stare at the computer screen. My house is a mess! My love life is non-existant. My relations with others has been sacraficed, because I am afraid to be too close with them, fearing that maybe they, too, will fall asleep at the wheel and I will never see them again. My Tom is gone and I fear he took the best of me with him. When does this start to get easier? When do I stop crying? When does "normal" happen again?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
acey

My condolences to you, piscesmaxx. Grieving is different for everyone, and can take a long time.
If counseling is out of the question due to financial reasons, contact a local Hospice in your area. They typically offer bereavement support groups, and usually anyone can go for free, whether or not their loved one was a hospice patient. Just an idea. They are VERY helpful. Also, the hospice will have very good booklets and other support tools to help you cope.

Bookmark   June 23, 2007 at 8:27AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kayjones

Honey, I can relate to what you are going through - I am just barely 2 1/2 months out - my husband, hero and best friend died of pancreatic cancer on April 17, '07.

If you need someone to talk to, please email me. I am so sorry for the loss you have experienced - it's not easy to cope from day to day, but we must maintain. It's difficult, I know!

Bookmark   June 25, 2007 at 10:09PM
More Discussions
Loss of my Mother
Um, I've never really done anything like this before...
Rachel_
Is it normal/healthy to cry over my dad dying still?
My dad died when I was 13 and now I'm 17 but I have...
someanonymousone
Over 10 years and I still miss my dad
My dad died Dec. 27, 1998. He was 59. He was diagnosed...
threeoffour
Disposing of Loved Ones' Belongings
Going through our deceased loved ones' belongings and...
lulie___wayne
Losing Someone to Suicide
I once had a roommate, call her Yvonne, who was bi-polar; when...
sylviatexas1
Sponsored Products
Lithonia 6" Rubbed Bronze Baffle 11.2 Watt LED Module
$69.00 | Lamps Plus
KitchenWorthy White Ceramic 3-tier Server (Case of 6)
Overstock.com
Ideal Perfect Pet All Weather Wall Tunnel - RWSWK
$29.99 | Hayneedle
Thompson Oushak Rug 6' x 9'
$2,599.00 | Horchow
Gourmet Kitchen Island
FRONTGATE
Camden Hill Antique Brass Three-Light Pendant
$478.00 | Bellacor
Robert Abbey | Apollo Pendant Light
$774.40 | YLighting
Diz Steel Blue Glass Bronze Tech Lighting MonoRail Pendant