Home Theatre - Where do I connect the audio?

ctghostJanuary 5, 2008

I purchased a Sony Bravia DLP TV and Sony Home Theatre system. I also have cable tv that uses a cable company suppled DVR/Cable Box.

I am having trouble understanding the hook-up connections for the audio part of the Home Theatre system. Where do I connect the Hi-Tech Audio connectors? Do I connect them to the DVR or the Television? I would also like to add a VCR and DVD Player but, don't want to try until I get this straightened out.

Thanks,

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
davidandkasie

it all depends on your components. some HT's have all the input connections onthe back, then out to the TV. some only have a single in/out to/from the tv and you tie all other things(VCR DVD player) to another input on the TV itself.

my TV has 6 inputs on the back, my JVC HT has 8 audio/video inputs on it but none are HDMI. so i have everything going to my TV(HMDI 1,2,3, Video 1,2,3) and then a singel digital audio out of the TV to the HT so that no matter what i am watching i can hear it over the surround sound system.

before i got my HD tv, everything wired first to teh JVC, then only a single RCA out to the video in of my old CRT tv. since the new stuff supports HDMi and my HT does not, i had to rewire everything.

Bookmark   January 7, 2008 at 10:45AM
More Discussions
Am I required to use in wall speaker wire?
Hello, I've read that some jurisdictions require that...
tigerninety
Which Gaming System is the Best: Game Cube, Play Station or XBox?
Which do you think is the best and why? What games...
cupofkindness
AV wiring for new build
I'm building a new house and want to put in desired...
mtvhike
Public Broadcast TV Channels
I'm behind with the technologies so here I need some...
redsun9
TV over gas fireplace
We are mounting a 65 inch over a gas fireplace , the...
karle13
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™