Helping Each Other for Mother's Day

mariongMay 8, 2008

Just wanted to check with Duane - and anyone else having to deal with a first Mother's Day without their Mom.

Today has been one of my worse days - It is just this evening that I have been able to pull myself together.

I can't really think of anything up beat to say - Really just wanted to check on Duane.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loagiehoagie

Hi Marion. I know how those days can be. Not that it is upbeat in anyway but I think we have to have those days....just to let it out. Cry, wail, cry some more. It makes you feel raw and I think after everything it is therapeutic. It's funny the last 2 years I didn't have a real issue with Mothers Day. My thought was I miss my mom every second of every day. I miss her on Mothers Day too, but the day before and the day after is the same thing too.

This year I'm just going to stay busy and get the day over with. Then move on. Now I'm sitting here crying all over again.

If I have any advice I would just say keep busy on Sunday. Honor your mom by being the good person she raised you to be. Do a good deed, whether for yourself or someone else or both. Call an old friend you haven't spoken to for a while. Or take an elderly person to lunch. Indulge yourself and see a movie or plant some flowers or a tree for you mom.

You will get through it. We are here for you.

Duane

Bookmark   May 9, 2008 at 9:15AM
angela59

Duane, that is some great advice! Your words "you will get through it" are important because when we avoid grief, we don't heal, so we have to plow right through it!
I have a double whammy on Mother's Day, my mom passed away 5 1/2 years ago and my daughter 3 years ago today........but I try to focus on my surviving daughter on that day as much as I can and remember the others however I can.......Angela

Bookmark   May 9, 2008 at 2:01PM
loagiehoagie

Angela, I am so sorry about your mom and daughter. Losing a child is just wrong and not the way the order of things should be. God above has a master plan that one day will be revealed to all of us. I think this life on earth is just one stepping stone on an eternal spirtual journey. And we will be reunited with our loved ones that have transitioned before us. Bless you and thank you for your kinds words.

Duane

Bookmark   May 10, 2008 at 8:42AM
More Discussions
Horrible images of my bellowed brother
Three weeks ago I lost my beloved kid brother to a...
BigSister17
Is it normal/healthy to cry over my dad dying still?
My dad died when I was 13 and now I'm 17 but I have...
someanonymousone
Loss of Adult Son
Lost adult son one day into his thirtieth year this...
sewluv2
hard to let go
I lost my husband of 37 years in just 3 weeks of finding...
greendalelady
Loss of my Precious son
Today marks one week that I lost my precious 22 year...
staciet129
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™