Lasik Surgery Question

berkFebruary 3, 2008

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has had Lasik surgery that is around my husbands age, he is 56.

He can't see close up or a distance. I have read that he will still need reading glasses at his age, that part can't be fixed.

Just wondering about the cost and if you where satisfied.

Thanks for your input.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hilltop_gw

I had lasik done in 2004 at the age of 48 in Omaha, NE and the cost was $2990. I was very near sighted. I hesitated having the surgery until one night I was at a hotel alone & fell asleep with my glasses on & couldn't find them the next morning. I couldn't see to find them & nearly called housekeeping.

Now, after the surgery it's nice to be able to get up in the morning & not be dependent upon glasses; however I don't believe the vision is as clear as when you wear glasses. I'm now 52 and need reading glasses for fine print & I probably could benefit from regular glasses but I keep trying to exercise my eyes so that I don't get dependent upon them again. Lasik is good, but it's not a cure-all.

Bookmark   February 10, 2008 at 2:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marys1000

I wonder, at 56 he may be heading towards cataracts at some point.
Don't they replace the lens with one that has a prescription? I'm not a candidate for lasik (my eyes are too bad) and have been wondering what a lens replacement would be like.

Bookmark   February 20, 2008 at 8:42AM
More Discussions
Painful Spots of Roof of Mouth
Has anyone had these? Every once in a while, I get...
houseful
4000 chemicals in cigarette tobacco
there are 43 known carcinogens also. Here's the list!! Anyone...
pawprint1
Allergies
I have allergies all year around and nothing I take...
berk
band aids
My dermatologist introduced me to Coverlet bandages....
shuffles_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™