One key to a good mattress is starting at ground level

toronado3800 Zone 6 StLouisDecember 6, 2011

This is generically with all the mattress questions popping up lately.

If you are in the market for a mattress, check your bed or bed frame first. Especially for modern large 60 inch span queen and 80 inch span kings a little flex can be a big problem.

It only takes about an inch of give across a 60 (queen) or 80 (king) inches of mattress for most folks to start feeling a problem with their mattress and grumbling. One inch over sixty is less than 2% flex!

This bed frame is best left for the kids on their twins and fulls. It has no center leg to help bear your weight. Your box spring/foundation WILL flex in the center.

Even with the lighter duty legs this bed frame will work better. Compared to a comparable model without the center support it only costs mattress stores four to ten dollars more depending on supplier!

Even a traditional sleigh bed needs the center support with a peg leg for its center cross slat. Preferably install one for all three if you care or can. Wood cross slats FLEX.

Thank you and remember you will probably spend as much on your mattress as a set of tires. Don't set it up for failure!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
EliteFurniture

Also remember that mattress manufacturers will not honor warranty if there is not a center support system on queen & king beds.

Bookmark   December 7, 2011 at 11:48AM
donnar57

"remember you will probably spend as much on your mattress as a set of tires. Don't set it up for failure!"

Um....our truck tires usually cost us around $1400 for 6 tires (dually). The mattress we just bought? $3000. (TempurPedic.)

Donna

Bookmark   December 26, 2011 at 5:16PM
toronado3800 Zone 6 StLouis

Donnar, you have bought the 24" wheels and Z rated tires of the tire world!

Good news is I love memory foam mattresses.

Bookmark   December 26, 2011 at 6:33PM
More Discussions
Furniture help
Hello My boyfriend and I just moved in and we really...
Penny Dimitrakaki
Slats or Boxspring?
Like the title says: Slats or Boxspring to support...
pbx2
Debating between a drexel or henredon bed
What is better quality? The are both 4 post beds. Just...
shweebies
Need Beadroom Furniture
Well, two months ago I changed my home furniture. But...
jazmin07
What happens to returned furniture
We recently received a living room furniture and one...
madness76
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™