Pricing Used Barrister Bookcases

rivkadrDecember 21, 2010

When we bought our house five years ago, the previous owners left behind some Hale barrister bookcases. They're not really of much use to us, and we'd rather put some other bookcases in that better fit the room.

I have no idea how old they are, but I'm guessing they were probably bought in the 70's or 80's. They're in great shape -- but made of oak, which I know isn't very popular nowadays. New ones from Hale nowadays cost around $1200 for a stack of three (we have two stacks of 4, and a stack of three), but obviously, we can't get anywhere near that. What would you price these at on Craigslist (and do you have any better suggestions on where to sell them?)

Please excuse the quality of these photos; I'll be taking better pictures this weekend that hopefully won't have the reflection of my sewing machine in it -- and yes, I know we set them up wrong. There's two different sizes of "stack", and we didn't realize that until just now, LOL.

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dmsski1_gmail_com

I am very interested in purchasing one or more of your Hale Stack Barrister bookcases. What price do you have in mind for the three shelves and then the four shelves?
Iappreciate your consideration.
DMSSKI1@gmail.com

Bookmark   January 1, 2011 at 8:31PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bodhi34_yahoo_com

I would be very interested in purchasing all three cabinets. If you are interested please write back to me and I think we can come up with an equally equitable price.

Bookmark   February 25, 2011 at 3:23AM
More Discussions
Leathercraft recliner, electric vs manual?
Any opinions, or recommendations? Thanks
greandog
how to buy high end furniture online and save?
Is there a guide to buying highend furniture online? I...
LauraOliver
Quality Outdoor Furniture Brands/Materials?
I am looking to buy an outdoor dining set, chaise loungers...
wendage2
Quality Patio Furniture Manufacturer/Type Recommendations
Building new home with outdoor living/patio area. ...
Karen Redding
Couch identity help
Where can I find a similar couch(shape wise)? http://www.neodecodesigns.com/images/portfolio_images/trendybluecontemporary/6.JPG...
Sangeetha Selvaraj
Sponsored Products
A & E Mobile Fold and Lock 20 Cubbie Storage with Bookcase - 500422C
$722.87 | Hayneedle
Muse Bookcase
FRONTGATE
Ladder Bookcase
| Dot & Bo
Upton Home Flexford Black Writing Office Desk
Overstock.com
Arteriors Home - Florence Sculptures - 9999
Great Furniture Deal