Not quite grieving...

coldbullet1May 12, 2006

My cusion has cystic fybrosis (sorry if thats spelt wrong), i dont even understand what it is and no one will tell me. Anyway, i am really close to my cusion and i am going to miss him as he is going to die within the year... he isnt my real cusion he is my foster cusion, but no the less i really will miss him :(... he is like my last realitive i am close to...

i really dont know how to deal with the fact he will be gone soon... i really really want advice on how to cope when he is gone... im only 14 and i have lost my whole family and now i dont want to lose someone else...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brass_tacks

Yes, you will be very sad when your cousin dies. Spend time with your cousin. Let him know that you will miss him. Hug your cousin as often as you can. In your own loving way, say goodbye to him. My heart goes out to you. You will be glad later on if you are able to be loving and honest with your cousin and yourself while there is still time. You will miss your cousin--you will be very sad. Let yourself feel those feelings, it's ok to feel sad. It is ok to let people that are in your life right now, know how you feel.

Bookmark   May 13, 2006 at 6:18PM
lulie___wayne

I'm sorry about your cousin's illness. I am so sorry that you feel all alone in this life and especially after he is gone. I agree with BrassTacks. Let him know how much you love him and do all you can for him now. You don't want to have any regrets later. No one will ever take the place of those whom we love who have gone before us, but there are many other people in this world whom we can love and be close to. There are a lot of very lonely people in this world who would love to have you as a friend. Someday, you will meet someone whom you will want to marry and spend the rest of your life with. You will also be able to have your very own children who will love you and you will love them more than you've ever loved anyone in this world. Don't give up on life. Although we all would rather keep our loved ones here with us, that's not the way it works in this life. You can always keep your cousin in your heart when he is no longer with you, and you will see him again someday when God is ready to take you to heaven.
We will be here for you.
You may want to "meet" my precious 19 year old daughter who has gone before me. Just click on her site. I can't wait to see her again!
Lu

Here is a link that might be useful: Christin Cosby Memorial Web Site

Bookmark   May 14, 2006 at 8:55PM
lazy_gardens

It's "Cystic fibrosis" ... a lung problem.

Look it up on Google, and there are lots of sites about it.

Bookmark   May 14, 2006 at 9:16PM
adoptedbyhounds

I am very sorry about your cousin. Are you in foster care? You must have a case worker. If I were you, I would tell my case worker about my feelings, and ask if it would be possible for me to talk to a counselor. We all want to "fix" things, and feel so powerless when we can't. You sound like a very compassionate and kind person. Just being around your cousin and spending time with him is probably the best gift you can give him. He is lucky to have such a good and caring friend. I hope your case worker can help you find someone to help you.

Bookmark   May 15, 2006 at 9:59PM
des_arc_ya_ya

coldbullet, Nikoleta said just exactly what I would have said to you. ((coldbullet))

Bookmark   May 16, 2006 at 9:35PM
More Discussions
Disposing of Loved Ones' Belongings
Going through our deceased loved ones' belongings and...
lulie___wayne
i have never felt so alone lost and frightened
i too lost my husband. he was 37 when he passed. due...
BewilderedShock
Over 10 years and I still miss my dad
My dad died Dec. 27, 1998. He was 59. He was diagnosed...
threeoffour
New member - gripping
Hello all - I am so glad I found this group! I'm sure...
VWbrownthumb
Horrible images of my bellowed brother
Three weeks ago I lost my beloved kid brother to a...
BigSister17
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™