Living Room Help

lmtish610December 7, 2012

I recently moved into this condo and I really need help with this living room. The carpet was gray and two of the walls are gray and the other wall is butter yellow. YUCK!!! So I bought plush carpet that's a cappuccino color (sometimes it looks coppery or gold; I'm not really happy about that either.) and I still need to paint.

Question 1: With this brownish, coppery, gold looking carpet, what color should I paint the walls? BTW - I have burgundy leather furniture and don't how much longer I will keep it.

Question 2: The wall in this picture is 19' wide and 10' tall and I am having a hard time figuring out how to fill up the space. I have a tv stand and a 55" tv, but there's a ton of space on both side and above the tv. The tv and stand is only about 4 feet tall, so there's 6' of empty space above it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sloyder

So many colors go with brown. Here are some from Benjamin Moore.
Wheeling Neutral, Taos Taupe,bar harbor beige, blue echo, elemental,bonne nuit, lapland, cotswald, tea room, abington putty, yarmouth blue, crystalline.

Bookmark   December 8, 2012 at 12:29AM
ayesha_irshad

having a combination of black and brown is best because it gives a contemporary look to your bedroom

Bookmark   December 13, 2012 at 5:21AM
LuAnn_in_PA

Bedroom?

This is a living room!

Bookmark   December 13, 2012 at 8:39AM
ayesha_irshad

having a combination of red and black gives the most exotic and stunning look to your living room. it captivates the visitor at first sight... you must try it out...

Bookmark   December 17, 2012 at 6:48AM
More Discussions
Upholstery Fabric Durability
I am about to purchase a Lee Industries couch and two...
3kidsonedogandus
AL Comfort Sleeper worth the price?
I'm considering purchasing a sectional with a sleeper...
virtualanne
Split Mahogany Furniture
In 2003, I purchased solid mahogany furniture (made...
nszzya
Lexington chez michelle Bedroom Set - 7 piece
Hi, i am purchasing a used 7-piece Lexington chez michelle...
kathietang
Kitchen Table Repair
Hi. My kitchen table has a crack in it and I was wondering...
marc83
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™