Education on Furniture Brands

beacuDecember 4, 2009

http://picturehosting.com/gallery.php?u=beacu&g=Living-and-Dining-Room

I need to educate myself on furniture brands... Any help on how to go about doing it... What are some of the 'good' furniture brands out there?

I am looking to furnish my new living/dining room. I would like to go traditional, but more of a classic, relaxed look.

I need:

-furniture

-window treatments

I have seen some pieces I like on the Bassett Furniture website... Does anyone have any experience with them?

I have posted some pictures on the above website...

THANK YOU!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture Hosting

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
denali2007

If you would like to get an education on furniture go to

www.myfurnitureforum.com

Duane Collie runs the site and you will get a good education there. He owns a high end furniture store in Alexandria Va The furniture he deals in is gorgeous especially his wood pieces. Most of it is artisian made. He will sell over the internent. I live near the store and just bought a couch and 2 recliners from him.

He has a small web site but you'll get the idea.
www.thekeepingroom.com

If you do a search here for his user name you will come up with some of his posts. His user name is dcollie

Bookmark   December 6, 2009 at 9:51AM
beacu

Thank you for your reply... The site really has a lot of choices...

Bookmark   December 11, 2009 at 8:32PM
sticksnpicks

I would definitely not go with Bassett's. Here is one link on some of the horrible reviews, and you can find another by doing an internet search on Bassett Furniture & complaints. Fortunately, I saw that information right before placing a huge order with the store. I got concerned and did that research because of some odd behavior in the store; the sales rep physically blocked me from looking at the label attached to the furniture, and she insisted that all Bassett's furniture is made in the USA although almost all of it is outsourced to other countries now (which affects quality, chemicals used, shipping time, and correction of defects). That's how I ended up on this website, because now I'm trying to find a furniture company that is honest about its products.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bassett Furniture Complaints

Bookmark   December 14, 2009 at 12:01AM
beacu

It is so difficult to find furniture that is entirely made in the USA... I continue with my education. Things have changed in just a matter of a few years.
Today I visited Raymour and Flannigan, but didn't find anything I would care to purchase.

Here is a link that might be useful: My new room

Bookmark   December 14, 2009 at 7:20PM
clay_s

Here is some good info about Furniture...some stuff on brands...they have a good furniture glossary

Here is a link that might be useful: FurnitureEducation

Bookmark   December 22, 2009 at 6:22PM
More Discussions
Horchow new chairs
Anybody knows the manufacturer of these chairs? Where...
inna0410
Living Room Furniture Recomendations
What brands of living room furniture compare to Durham...
tiffany2009
looking for Marge Carson Used Pieces
Hi there, I am looking to buy used Marge Carson Furniture. Kindly, Barb...
iluvcarats
Coaster furniure quality?
I found a dining table and china cabinet online that...
cand1781
Need suggestions to soften my recliner
I bought a recliner from China, construction is fine...
biax
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™