cramps

rgreen1357February 20, 2007

I get really bad cramps during every period and was wondering if anybody had any good suggestions. I have tried some homeopathic stuff but nothing really works except for Advil. I am opposed to this drug however as taking it a lot it not good for you. I want a more natural approach.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
agnespuffin

Have you had a good check up by a GYN doctor recently? Sometimes there is a reason for cramping. Sometimes it's just one of those things that we have to put up with. At least it's just for a few days.

I found that walking was very helpful. I didn't have to walk fast, but the movement seemed to ease those muscles. You may find that Aleve works better than Advil. Take it before you really start hurting and you won't need as much. It doesn't seem to have any long term side effects either.

Bookmark   February 20, 2007 at 8:39AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
michelle_s_phxaz

I had the worst cramps that would put me out of commission for two days every month. Since I am on the pill, my GYN suggested that I take them continuously without taking the placebo on the 4th week. It took about three months to get to where I had no periods at all, and several different prescriptions to figure out which pill works best for me (Ortho Tri-Cyclen; anything else and I would spot for a day or two). I have been on this regimen for over 4 years.

I have had no side effects, no PMS, no cramps, and it has been the answer I desperately needed. If you are on the pill, I suggest it highly if your GYN agrees.

Bookmark   February 21, 2007 at 5:23PM
More Discussions
Finally Got My Kidney
Was on dialysis 9 years,On Thanksgiving eve they called...
bulldinkie
4000 chemicals in cigarette tobacco
there are 43 known carcinogens also. Here's the list!! Anyone...
pawprint1
Relentless Night Cough/Post Nasal Drip
Hello, I am desperately seeking information/advice...
loriellen
splotchy skin in the calf areas
The red spots are mostly pin size and are up to 1/8"....
naturelle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™