Lessening grieve-one experience

xminionMay 23, 2006

hi all,

When I was in my 20's (some time ago) i received a call from my mother's boss at 9:00AM telling me she had not

shown up for work that day. I went to her bedroom, and

saw her sleeping all bundled up in blankets (it was March). I started to shake her, yelling, "Wake up - you're late for work!" Only she wasn't just late, or sleeping.

The grief was excrutiating. I could barely function. Every day for months I was exhausted and depressed and cried for hours on end. One day, around the 9th month since her passing, I was crying my eyes out as usual.

Then, an epiphany happened. Something or someone talked to me in a calm but stern tone of voice and warned me that my mother could not pass into a higher realm because my constant grieving was keeping her attached closer to the earth plane - and she must go soon to a higher realm. i know this sounds crazy, but that experience had a therapeutic affect. Shortly thereafter, very slowly, I started putting my life back together.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lulie___wayne

I'm sorry about your mom and that you had to find her.
I have had an experience hearing a message in a very stern voice after Christin passed away.
I'm glad that you got this message and that it has helped you.
LU

Here is a link that might be useful: Christin Cosby Memorial Web Site

Bookmark   May 23, 2006 at 4:00AM
socks

That's wonderful xminion. I wish you a well. Thanks for sharing your experience. I know it will help others.

Bookmark   May 24, 2006 at 10:31PM
jennmonkey

Thank you for sharing your story. I have heard something similiar before, and it makes sense to me. Sorry for the loss of your mother, mine passed away also when I was 19.

Bookmark   May 25, 2006 at 5:16PM
jenniferw

My mother passed away last year in the same way. My stepfater found her in the morning when she didn't get up to shut the alarm off like she did every other single day of her life. I'm in my late 20's and the whole experience eats away at me everyday. It gets a little easier with time, but I'll never be the same. The day she died a piece of me went with her.

Bookmark   May 28, 2006 at 9:06AM
popi_gw

My Mum died in her sleep also, but I think that was a good way to go. I know that sounds harsh, but it could have been a lot worse.

Jenniferw..."she died a piece of me went with her." Remember your Mum lives on in you as well, she will always be there with you throughout your life. Thats a great comfort for me.

Bookmark   June 4, 2006 at 7:46PM
More Discussions
Loss of Adult Son
Lost adult son one day into his thirtieth year this...
sewluv2
Loss of my Mother
Um, I've never really done anything like this before...
Rachel_
Seeing a Loved One After They Passed Away
I have heard a few stories of people who have actually...
lulie___wayne
Sudden Witnessed Death of Spouse
I am new to this forum. I found this site after Google...
JCsgirl2012
Horrible images of my bellowed brother
Three weeks ago I lost my beloved kid brother to a...
BigSister17
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™