The price of drugs.............

ruthannFebruary 23, 2005

Hi, I just found out the price of an antibiotic my husband is taking. I couldn't believe it at first. It is Zyvox and it cost $4500 a month. He takes 2 a day and will for the rest of his life. Thank God for insurance! I hated paying the $5 copay until I found out what it actually cost. Ridiculous, isn't it? RAA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Meghane

HOLY S#&T!
I'm glad you have the insurance for him!

Bookmark   February 27, 2005 at 6:32PM
Pam_SewsAlot

Just curious...why would he have to take an antibiotic for the rest of his life? Thank heavens you have insurance.

Bookmark   February 28, 2005 at 5:09PM
ruthann

He takes an anti. because he was in a car accident 3 yrs ago, crushed hip, had hip replacement, developed infection and had it removed. Had another hip replacement and now has to take the anti. for the rest of his life. Can't get rid of infection, it'll always be there. 2 months ago he was taking 28 medicines a day, went on a sit down strike for 4 days and didn't take anything. Dr convinced him to take 15 of them. Neverending problems. RAA

Bookmark   March 1, 2005 at 1:46AM
PeaBee4

Yes, bone infections can be unbelievable! Let's hope that the antibiotic can clear things up enough that his hip will work. I think, but I am not sure, that Zyvox has a generic form in case the insurance ever gets tacky about paying for it. You might want to ask and see if it is available.
PB

Bookmark   March 1, 2005 at 8:21PM
More Discussions
band aids
My dermatologist introduced me to Coverlet bandages....
shuffles_gw
air purifier, blueair 650E/IQ healthpro plus/whirlpool AP51030K
I am considering buying one or two more air purifiers...
janesylvia
Post Pregnancy Joint Pain & Muscle Stiffness
Wondering if others have experienced joint pain and...
Audlee
Chronic tonsillitis after mono?
Hi everyone, My almost 20 year old daughter had mono...
catherinet
4000 chemicals in cigarette tobacco
there are 43 known carcinogens also. Here's the list!! Anyone...
pawprint1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™