Enlarged thyroid

Kathy_in_DelawareJanuary 29, 2004

I recently had the radio active scan done on my thyroid. The results were it is enlarged 2-3 times normal.My levels were all within normal, but the high end of normal. I have a appt with a endo. next week, but I was wondering, does anyone else have this, and what was your expierence?

TIA

Kathy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weed30

Not sure about that - could be subclinical hyperthyroid or thyroid nodules maybe. I think with either of these your levels can be "normal".

Bookmark   January 30, 2004 at 7:07PM
joann23456

I had an enlarged thyroid along with Graves disease. What are your symptoms?

Bookmark   February 4, 2004 at 2:03AM
Kathy_in_Delaware

Joann,
My symptoms are major hair loss, moodswings, irregular periods, itching, severe intolerence of cold, weight loss/inability to gain weight, and a feeling of something like a tendon snapping when I swallow.
I went to the endo today and it was the worst expierence in my life. I showed him the report of the radio active scan and he said "thats wrong" he basically didnt listen to anything I said, cut me off before i could finish and was blamming everything on either my smoking, or stress.He was so rude and tuned out it even piss-d my hubby off!
Needless to say I will be calling around for another endo who will at least give me the respect of letting me finish my sentence and hear my complete history.

Bookmark   February 4, 2004 at 2:32AM
Kathy_in_Delaware

I forgot to add, I am miserably tired all the time and my sex drive has diminshed substansionally as well.

Bookmark   February 4, 2004 at 2:35AM
sammy zone 7 Tulsa

You are so right to look for a doctor who will listen to you. I am a firm believer in shopping around and finding a good fit. In the meantime you might want to search the internet and see what you can find. I know nothing, except that you deserve better treatment.
Sammy

Bookmark   February 4, 2004 at 6:37AM
joann23456

Wow, Kathy, you're right that your symptoms fit both hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism. Do as everyone else has said. Rush right out and get someone who will listen to you.

I have found that female doctors are less likely to dismiss female patients, but I'm sure this doesn't always hold true, and I'm also sure it's true that there are lots of male doctors who work well with women, too.

Bookmark   February 4, 2004 at 9:54AM
More Discussions
band aids
My dermatologist introduced me to Coverlet bandages....
shuffles_gw
itchy skin eczema?
I have been itching and scratching since the end of...
alanis
Anyone heard of Ageless Xtra?
Hi everyone, I usually post and lunk on the decorating...
customdecorator
Taking yourself off Paxil without side effects...???
One of my dear friends, J, had been taking Paxil for...
sooz
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™