My Darling Husband is gone

kayjonesApril 22, 2007

I know some of you were praying, along with me and our family, on my husband's behalf, and we thank you SO MUCH! Gary passed away, from the deadly disease called pancreatic cancer, last Tuesday night at 11:51 pm. This is the most HORRIBLE death imaginable!!!!

We are taking it one day at a time, but I still call out to him and think of him constantly. I miss him so much - it's all the little things he did for my stepson and me, all the things we did together - WOW, this is tough!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
popi_gw

Kay

No more suffering for him.

Tough time for you, you are right to take each day as it comes.

All the best to your and your stepson.

Popi

Bookmark   April 22, 2007 at 9:07PM
mav63_2007

Kay,
I am SO sorry, I prayed SO hard for him. I suffered with my darling through pancreatic cancer and it is horrible. I am crying for you, I don't know what else to do. I will keep you in my prayers.
With love and hugs,
Mavis

Bookmark   April 22, 2007 at 9:25PM
alisande

Kay, how good of you to thank us at this time. By all means talk to your husband all you like. Write to him if that feels good. And be open to whatever signs he may be able to give you.

You have our sympathy.

Susan

Bookmark   April 23, 2007 at 8:43PM
carolswfl_2007

Kay, My husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 5 days before he was to retire. He was 62. It came out of no where. He passed 9 1/2 months later. I can relate to all that you and yours have been through. Please accept my heartfelt prayers and thoughts. (((HUGS))) Carol

Bookmark   April 26, 2007 at 1:22PM
kayjones

Carol, I am so sorry that you had to lose your husband to this horrific disease. You are right - it is a killer in the night - doesn't present itself until it is ready to kill.

Mavis, you and I have already chatted, and again - I am so terribly sorry that you lost your husband to this greedy cancer.

Instead of worrying about global warming, and it's effects on humanity a thousand years from now, how come they don't concentrate on saving PEOPLE NOW?!

I think priorities are a bit mixed up!

Bookmark   April 26, 2007 at 2:48PM
kayjones

Carol, email me if you can find time - How Are you?

Bookmark   June 4, 2007 at 3:57PM
mav63_2007

Carol,I want to add my condolences. How are you doing? I know you feel like your heart has been ripped right out of you.Kay calls it a greedy cancer, it sure is. My husband died of pancreatic cancer at 62, 6 1/2 months ago, I had him for 18 months after his diagnosis but he suffered much.We are here if need to talk to us, it helps when someone else knows what you are going through.

Kay, How are you doing? I pray for everyone on this forum for healing of our broken hearts and for the pain to ease.

God Bless, Mavis (ganna@optonline.net)

Bookmark   June 4, 2007 at 10:33PM
kayjones

Mavis, thank you for asking about us. Yesterday was a 'boo-hoo' day, wrought with frustrations. SO FAR, today is going well. I just take it as it comes and deal with it, sometimes dealing ok and most times, not. I just pray a lot and keep as busy as I can. Hugs to you. HOW ARE YOU?

Bookmark   June 5, 2007 at 2:05PM
carolswfl_2007

Mavis, I thank you for asking about me and caring. I sent you an e-mail.
Kay, I thank you also for asking and caring about me and I sent you an e-mail.
Remember, we are never alone. I send my thoughts and prayers to all who are grieving. God Bless, Carol

Bookmark   June 5, 2007 at 7:26PM
More Discussions
how to help a grieving mom
tomorrow I am going to visit my beautful cousin who...
homebodymom
New member - gripping
Hello all - I am so glad I found this group! I'm sure...
VWbrownthumb
sudden death of husband at 46 years of age
Hi...I stumbled upon this forum and felt compelled...
still_in_shock
Loss of Adult Son
Lost adult son one day into his thirtieth year this...
sewluv2
Sudden Witnessed Death of Spouse
I am new to this forum. I found this site after Google...
jcsgirl2012
Sponsored Products
Rope Loop Handle Chest
Overstock.com
Bird Ottoman with Full Cover
Design Within Reach
Grid Wall-Mount Mailbox - Polished Stainless Steel
Signature Hardware
PublicLight Magic LED Lighting Champagne Flutes (Set of 6)
Overstock.com
Jumping in Puddles Vase
| Dot & Bo
What's On My Mind Art Print
$21.99 | zulily
Tic-Tac-Toe Pillow
$39.99 | Dot & Bo
Avanity Pop-Up Drain without Overflow - Brushed Nickel - GV-DRAIN-BN
$37.50 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™