Blowing my nose all day...silly question...

ashliJanuary 27, 2008

Why?...I guess I've been blowing my nose often for at least a year...but I don't know why. I don't have an allergy?...I don't have a runny nose, just feels full often... I don't have watery eyes, no other symptoms of sinus, if it is sinus, no headaches at all and no colds. No fever. Doesn't matter the season.I am a chain-smoker...I cough, then usually have to blow my nose.

(No, haven't seen a doctor)...Could there be a connection, somehow, to cigarettes and my having to blow my nose?...

(Never heard of it)

It's annoying, but other than that, I feel fine.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catherinet

Of course I would encourage you to stop smoking.
But have you ever tried a saline nasal rinse? I make my own, since I hate tasting the preservatives in the otc ones.
Mix 1 cup boiled, cooled water with 1/4 tsp baking soda and 1/4 tsp salt (without additives). I actually use the spray bottle from the otc stuff, since its easy to use.
Try spraying your nostrils 4-5 times a day, and see if it feels better.
Change the solution every week or so, but clean out the bottle with a little bleach water. Good luck.

Bookmark   January 27, 2008 at 6:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calpat

I was just diagnoised with emphysema last year and one of the side effects is a runny nose. Not everyone has this symptom, but it's worth checking into. Sometimes my nose starts running like a turned on faucet, just clear water.

Bookmark   February 15, 2008 at 3:54PM
More Discussions
Chronic tonsillitis after mono?
Hi everyone, My almost 20 year old daughter had mono...
catherinet
splotchy skin in the calf areas
The red spots are mostly pin size and are up to 1/8"....
naturelle
Generic Advair?
It is so expensive and my insurance doesn't cover any...
wertach zone 7-B SC
Post Pregnancy Joint Pain & Muscle Stiffness
Wondering if others have experienced joint pain and...
Audlee
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™