vit D3

ilmbgJanuary 4, 2011

I guess I am behind the times now that I don't work anymore... just about a year ago I went to a new endocronologist and had a D3 drawn along with my thyroids. He kept saying my tsh lab result was too low (meaning too high), and also I had a D3 of 11. I don't remember having a D3 drawn before- or at least for many years...

I went on 50,000 three times a week for 6 weeks- had a repeat which was higher, but not high enough- did another 50,000 for 6 weeks 2 more times, then on 10,000/day for several months. It is now 72.

By the way, I am an 'outdoorsy' kind of person who is outside for hours at a time.

Anyway, about August/September I realized one day just how much better I felt- my mind wasn't as 'up and down', I seemed to be interested in things, and liked to do little chores around the house. It did nothing about the pain I have had for several years from breaking my neck in several places and my back- that pain was still there just as bad as before.

Now, my neighbor found out about 6 months ago she was also not storing/making any D3- she went through the same regiment I did. She just said recently how Good she feels too!

I have been trying to read more legitamant articles about D3, but it certainly seems to have helped me and my neighbor- there must be something to it!

If anyone else has had any experiences with it, would you please share?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dreamgarden

"I have been trying to read more legitimate articles about D3, but it certainly seems to have helped me and my neighbor- there must be something to it!
If anyone else has had any experiences with it, would you please share?"

I don't know how 'legitimate' others will think this source is, but I enjoy reading Dr. Mercola's articles and have been taking additional Vit D ever since.

A link that might be useful:
www.mercola.com/article/vitamin-d-resources.htm

Bookmark   January 9, 2011 at 10:24AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ilmbg

Thanks- will read the article- since I originally posted I have talked to 2 more people who have had good results- makes you wonder what else we are too low in...

Bookmark   January 19, 2011 at 7:45PM
More Discussions
Painful Spots of Roof of Mouth
Has anyone had these? Every once in a while, I get...
houseful
Relentless Night Cough/Post Nasal Drip
Hello, I am desperately seeking information/advice...
loriellen
Post Pregnancy Joint Pain & Muscle Stiffness
Wondering if others have experienced joint pain and...
Audlee
Weird Situation
Note: This question is asked on behalf of friend One...
Jikoimary
itchy skin eczema?
I have been itching and scratching since the end of...
alanis
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™