Children of the Dome and other books

corgilvrApril 21, 2006

This is a very good book and a great website. You may want to take a look at it. The author lost two of her sons in the same tragic accident. I found the book very helpful and comforting. The dome, in Kentucky, is a beautiful tribute. Our 19 year old son lost his life in a tragic auto accident.

I'd love to know if anyone else has read it and what you thought of it. Motherless Daughters is another book I read after the loss of my mother at age 15. It helps you to understand how the loss of a mother at different ages and stages of your life affects you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bowdoin514

Hi Corgilvr,
Do you know the authors of either of these books? I'm sure I could do a google search and probably find them. Both sound good. I could probably do a similar book called "A Daughterless Mother". :( Keep us posted on any other good reading finds. Thank you.
Emma in PA

Bookmark   April 26, 2006 at 7:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
corgilvr

Children of the Dome was written by Rosemary Smith. If I knew where my copy was, I would send it to you. Motherless Daughters was written by Hope Edelman. You can Google either of them for more info. Motherless Daughters is a really good book and gives lots of insight into how that loss can have life long effects. It really hit home for me.

At this point I have reached a plateau and have not been reading much on loss. That does not mean that I feel the loss any less as time goes on. The loss is very important, but does not dominate my feelings and thoughts as it once did. I am now far more likely to have pleasant memories and smile even if a tear accompanies those feelings.

I think it would be great if we kept a list of suggested readings. Should we start a thread on that? I have not done a search, so please forgive me if one already exists.

BTW, I also live in PA.

Bookmark   May 10, 2006 at 10:14AM
More Discussions
Pennies
I have recently lost my husband in April. October 16...
mnsara
Is it normal/healthy to cry over my dad dying still?
My dad died when I was 13 and now I'm 17 but I have...
someanonymousone
Horrible images of my bellowed brother
Three weeks ago I lost my beloved kid brother to a...
BigSister17
sudden death of husband at 46 years of age
Hi...I stumbled upon this forum and felt compelled...
still_in_shock
Losing Someone to Suicide
I once had a roommate, call her Yvonne, who was bi-polar; when...
sylviatexas1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™