jessica charles chairs

qualityandcomfortDecember 4, 2006

I just wanted to let any interested users know. I purchased 2 gorgeous upholstered Jessica Charles chairs and they are comfortable.

BUT since delivery, the upholstery has been wrinkled in an unacceptable fashion on the skirts of the chair and the back of the chair. The company has indicated this is acceptable. It is clearly evident in the pictures I have taken and differs from the way the fabric lays / drapes on the pillow casing.

Also the casings of the unattached pillow on the back of the chairs does not conform to the shape of the pillow case. The pillow case is cut in a very elegant arch at the top and the pillow is just a rectangular pillow. This results in the fabric of the casing hanging and folding in the middle. It looks older than the pillows on the 7 yr old furniture we were replacing.

A JessChls rep was sent out, reported to the company and they are saying it is industry standard.

I had heard excellent comments @ Jessica Charles and it is the sister company to Hancock and Moore. I am astounded at this. If anyone has any recommendations, I would be interested in the best way to resolve these issues.

For the $ I paid, it is not worth it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
musetta

Uh-oh, we've been looking at JC chairs online & thought they would be perfect for our house.
Did you order through a store or decorator? I would think the retailer would have some responsibility to provide a satisfactory resolution.
Could you post pictures?

Bookmark   December 5, 2006 at 3:12PM
freethinker99

I think in this case your best course of action is to work with your retailer. Manufacturers are not set up to work with consumers.

How long have you had the chairs?.

If it were my chairs i would ask to have them returned to the factory to be repaired. This would be an easier course of action than asking for replacements.

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 5:37PM
splitrock

I am really sorry to hear about this and hope to hear about how it is resolved. I really thought that the Jessica Charles chairs I have been yearning for were quite near the top of the line. They are beautiful, really comfortable, and have nice fabrics choices.
Must I spend even more for a quality chair?

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 6:16PM
More Discussions
Bauhaus sofa & Ethan Allen Metropolitan
Hello all, this is my first time posting, looking for...
blossom1022
What experience have you had with Nantuckit Furniture?
Hi! I am thinking about purchasing a slipcovered sectional...
jfkdeb
Need Beadroom Furniture
Well, two months ago I changed my home furniture. But...
jazmin07
how to buy high end furniture online and save?
Is there a guide to buying highend furniture online? I...
LauraOliver
Quality Outdoor Furniture Brands/Materials?
I am looking to buy an outdoor dining set, chaise loungers...
wendage2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™