Virginia Sterling furniture line

pandchDecember 18, 2007

Saw some of this furniture this weekend. Its beautiful and moderately priced. I know that the ex CEO of Durham is behind it and Vaughn produces it but has anyone heard anything about it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stevethedesigner

Virginia Sterling is in something of a transition right now. Vaughan, a lower end producer which was making the line, closed down their manufacturing plant and the CEO and his son bought controlling interest in a dining room company in Ohio called Canal Dover. Whether or not they will be able to produce furniture of consistent quality is anyone's guess right now given the equipment they will need to invest in to produce bedroom.

Bookmark   October 18, 2008 at 3:56PM
vspres

Virginia Sterling is alive and thriving. We did purchase a factory in Ohio - and we did invest heavily in both machinery and personnel. We have tripled our workforce in the past 6 months and are producing great looking, high quality bedroom product every day. The quality level increased substantially from the Vaughan production as our workforce in Ohio is more skilled at making higher end products. check us out at virginia-sterling.com

Bookmark   July 6, 2009 at 3:27PM
thecollector

Having been a Canal Dover dealer I would have to say I respectfully disagree that it was 'high quality', or 'high end'. It's average production furniture complete with plywood backs and drawer bottoms. Decent value for the money. but if looking for something heirloom quality this would not be it.

Bookmark   July 7, 2009 at 12:33PM
peggydispenza_hotmail_com

virginia-sterling.com does not exist. Too bad. Our bedroom furniture is beautiful and made by them. Would have liked to see their website and learn more about where to purchase.

Bookmark   May 14, 2011 at 3:53PM
More Discussions
Duane Collie - Question, Please!
Our H & M Kodiak sofa, love seat, chair & ottoman...
cindylouhoo
casco bay furniture from someone who didnt just join
Hi im looking for reviews on casco bay furniture from...
armstrongarland
Horchow new chairs
Anybody knows the manufacturer of these chairs? Where...
inna0410
Michael Thomas sectional
Recently rented a luxury ski home that featured a Michael...
Christina Stumpf
Need suggestions to soften my recliner
I bought a recliner from China, construction is fine...
biax
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™