Burn mark on oak nightstand

fillagirlDecember 1, 2009

Hello, my daughter knocked over her lamp and the bulb burnt her oak nighstand. Any ideas on how to get this burn mark out without damaging the furniture (& finish hopefully)! Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bobismyuncle

You have to remove the charred material, that means you are going to remove most of the finish. You can try rubbing with a scotch-brite pad, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Bookmark   December 1, 2009 at 9:34PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
louisianalover

My young daughter once put a hot pan on my oak coffee table and it left a heat/burn mark. I was able to find something at my local hardware store that I tried and it worked to get the burn mark out of the wood. My coffee table has a shiny surface to it -- not like yours which looks like a matte finish. However, I would try it -- you never know. The product came in a little white plastic jar and it was called JASCO 0240 Furniture White Ring Remover. It states that "heat and water marks disappear." On the back of the jar it states JASCO Chemical Corp., Santa Ana, CA 92701. It is just a treated cloth that you rub in the direction of the wood grain until the spot disappears.

Bookmark   December 7, 2009 at 11:23PM
More Discussions
Slats or Boxspring?
Like the title says: Slats or Boxspring to support...
pbx2
Need Beadroom Furniture
Well, two months ago I changed my home furniture. But...
jazmin07
looking for Marge Carson Used Pieces
Hi there, I am looking to buy used Marge Carson Furniture. Kindly, Barb...
iluvcarats
Who Are Reputable Made In America/North American Furniture Companies?
I am looking for great-room/living room furniture for...
mothersnood
Furniture help
Hello My boyfriend and I just moved in and we really...
Penny Dimitrakaki
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™