back surgery

rabbit8January 11, 2008

I recently had back surgery and now I'm looking for a real firm mattress. I need help in finding one. Please help me in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

Put a piece of plywood under the one you have while you are looking. It will help a lot.
Linda C

Bookmark   January 11, 2008 at 11:40AM
agnespuffin

You may be more comfortable with a very firm spring and a softer mattress. The plywood under the mattress is a very good idea. You may find that it is exactly what you need. A too firm mattress isn't a good idea either. It doesn't allow the shoulders and hips to sink low enough to keep the spine in a straight line.

Get someone to go with you to try out mattresses. Get them to look at the line of your spine as you try them out.

Bookmark   January 11, 2008 at 2:03PM
lynne_melb

Good luck on your recovery.
I have a bad back also. I learned (and the doctor concurred), that I need a firm but not totally firm mattress.
It's quite a bit of money, but the Select Comfort is great. You can set a firmness level from 1 to 100. If there are 2 in the bed, each side can be a different firmness
Good luck.

Bookmark   January 11, 2008 at 3:58PM
marys1000

Oddly I seem to sleep pretty well on futon's and have a bad back. Good quality futons have a lot of wooden slats that have just a tiny bit of give.

Bookmark   January 27, 2008 at 11:12AM
More Discussions
Vitamin D makes my hip ache.....
Has anyone had this to happen? When I try to research...
lovemrmewey
4000 chemicals in cigarette tobacco
there are 43 known carcinogens also. Here's the list!! Anyone...
pawprint1
Hydration cubes
Has anyone tried the Bezwecken hydration cubes for...
texasone
splotchy skin in the calf areas
The red spots are mostly pin size and are up to 1/8"....
naturelle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™