Seasonal Allergies Starting Early

samnsarahJanuary 18, 2013

Is anyone else experiencing allergy symptoms? I have been sneezing a lot, have head congestion, coughing, and a runny nose. At first I thought I caught a cold, but then I thought that maybe it is allergies. With the unusually warm temperatures in the Midwest for a second year in a row, I thought that perhaps the pollen is starting to appear a month or two early. So, is anyone else experiencing allergy symptoms?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maifleur01

Some trees and shrubs always are in bloom in January and in a mild winter can start in December. Elms, maples, and willows have family members that drop lots of pollen at this time of the year. Depending where you are some honeysuckles, witchhazels etc are also blooming. Watch which trees the squirrels seem to be spending their time in. We used to have what is commonly called slippery elm that the squirrels killed because there was no food and they ate the buds and large portions of the bark.

I have had various seasonal allergies all year. This winter started last week of November.

Bookmark   January 18, 2013 at 7:14PM
More Discussions
Relentless Night Cough/Post Nasal Drip
Hello, I am desperately seeking information/advice...
wowibrug
shingles
i've been told if i don't move around so much that...
brightmoregirl
Tennis Elbow
Was just dx with a tennis elbow...Besides taking the...
anicee
Anyone have a hiatal hernia, need advice?
I have constant pain in my diaphram and I read on a...
love2sew
Sponsored Products
Autumn Centerpiece Dinner Plate - Set of 2
$32.99 | Dot & Bo
Five Seasons Baja Coast Coral Red 5 Ft. 10 In. X 9 Ft. 2 In. Indoor/Outdoor Rect
$141.00 | Bellacor
Grayson Rectangular Outdoor Dining Table in White Finish, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
Grayson Outdoor Sofa with Cushions in White Finish, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
Hand-Rolled Steel Fire Pit
Dot & Bo
Outdoor Pouf Birds
Grandin Road
ColourWave Multi Pattern Watering Wand - CW-9912-16P-Y
$27.99 | Hayneedle
Blue Butterfly Wind Chime