Where to purchase contemporary sofa/chaise sectional

SG00December 29, 2013

I'm searching for a contemporary sectional (loveseat sofa with chaise) approximately 115" wide, 40" deep, 32" high. I love the Reid sectional from DWR (see image below), but the price is too high ($6500 and up) and the seat is too low (14" high) anyway.

Any recommendations of where to find similarly styled, but durable, good quality sectionals?

I live in the Bay Area of CA, and like most people, would prefer to purchase something I can sit on and try out first.

Am open to custom sofa builders, but don't know who's good and who's not.

Thanks for any guidance you can send my way!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mnnie

Try Room and Board. They use some of the same manufacturers as DWR. Room and Board prices are also a little more reasonable.

Bookmark   December 30, 2013 at 12:10AM
adernburg

Hi - I'm doing a similar search for a clean-lined sectional, and I'm curious what you wound up with and whether you're happy with it. I've looked at DWR and R&B, but I'm wondering about going straight to the manufacturers (DWR claims they manufacture their own pieces, btw). I also live in the Bay Area so if you found a good local source I'd love to know... thanks!

Bookmark   January 3, 2015 at 3:24PM
SG00

I ended up purchasing a custom-built sectional from Furniture Envy in San Francisco. I was able to choose all dimensions and ended up with a piece that looks very similar to the Reid sectional at Design Within Reach, but at a fraction of the price. Furniture Envy offers numerous fabrics to choose from, numerous frame styles that can be selected as-is, or modified. Customers can also use COM fabric, at an upcharge. My sectional (almost 10'w with a right side chaise) arrived in less than two months. The process was very smooth and I'm very happy with the product. I will note that a comparable piece from DWR or other higher-end manufacturers (Thayer Coggin, Mitchell Gold, etc) might have better construction, but my piece is very sturdy and given that I purchased it for a family room where there is lots of kid activity/traffic, this was the absolute right choice.

Bookmark   January 3, 2015 at 9:09PM
More Discussions
the Sealy Posturepedic 'Belmont' from Costco?
Hello-- Has anyone out there purchased the Sealy Posturepedic...
lenvt
AL Comfort Sleeper worth the price?
I'm considering purchasing a sectional with a sleeper...
virtualanne
Quality Outdoor Furniture Brands/Materials?
I am looking to buy an outdoor dining set, chaise loungers...
wendage2
Couch identity help
Where can I find a similar couch(shape wise)? http://www.neodecodesigns.com/images/portfolio_images/trendybluecontemporary/6.JPG...
Sangeetha Selvaraj
Rove concepts
Hi: I was wondering if anyone has heard about Rove...
chitra0828
Sponsored Products
Chrome Stem Mini Pendant with Italian Bubble Glass
$158.40 | Bellacor
3 piece Wicker Conversation Sectional Set
Overstock.com
Vig Furniture - Bloom - Red Fabric Sectional Sofa - VGBNB240C
Great Furniture Deal
Green Three-Section Collapsible Lunch Box Set
$8.99 | zulily
London Slipcovered Premium Linen Sofa
Overstock.com