My Mom is gone 1 yr on fri.

darzieMarch 18, 2009

How crazy 1 yr.I miss her so much!!Any thoughts on how to honor her?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aktillery9

Darzie,

It was my mom's one year anniversary since her death last Saturday. I wore her wedding ring all day and every time I looked down I would see it and think of how wonderful she was.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I have lost both my parents and it is so hard.

Big hugs to y ou.

Amy

Bookmark   March 19, 2009 at 8:31AM
darzie

Thank you so much.maybe I'll do the same.

Bookmark   March 19, 2009 at 2:12PM
butchcassidy

Darzie.....I lost my mother 6 1/2 years ago, and just lost my dad this past November. It gets better. You'll always miss her, but the thoughts will hopefully change to pleasant memories. It takes time. I hope that doesn't sound contrite, but I do believe that time heals all wounds. My thoughts are with you.

Bookmark   March 21, 2009 at 2:41PM
dtskh

The wedding ring idea is such a good one. I lost my mom almost 5 months ago and I have her rings inside my jewelry box tucked in a little velvet pouch that the funeral home put them in. Where does the time go ? Somedays its like I seen her yesterday and others it feels like 100 years. I know you must feel the same. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Bookmark   April 13, 2009 at 12:33AM
mistydawnmyers

I WRITE WHEN I MISS MY MOMMY..... I cry in the dark, so no one can see, I cry for my Mommy, as if I were three. I do not want to bother anyone with my pain, I only wish I could hold my Mommy again. I do not know at times, If I can go on. Im all alone, now that she's gone, Im trying so very hard to hold on. I forgot, as I was wrapped up in my own problems in life. That if Mommy wasnt there, then nothing would be alright. Im a big girl now, and Mommy said she was so proud, I wonder what she would say, If she could see me now. I will let everyone believe, that Im just fine. But my Mommy always knew when I was lieing. The only thing I know to due, is go back to my dark room, where none can see, how badly this has taken hold of me. I have things to be thankful for, so many, I need to take time to thank the Lord for watching over me and my Family, I also want to let him know, that for the Love I have in my heart,that she owns, I will let my Mommy go. Take good care of her, for I promise to change my ways, so I can be there with her someday, to hold her hand, and kiss her cheek, and tell her over and over again, how much she means to me

Bookmark   May 14, 2009 at 1:26AM
More Discussions
Over 10 years and I still miss my dad
My dad died Dec. 27, 1998. He was 59. He was diagnosed...
threeoffour
Horrible images of my bellowed brother
Three weeks ago I lost my beloved kid brother to a...
BigSister17
Gift
Hello, I joined today because a friend has just lost...
friend2U
Feeling guilty because I miss my dog-Part 2
Three years ago today, I lost my beloved dog Homer....
kms4me
Memorial Scholarship
Greetings, Does anyone have any experience setting...
xminion
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™