i cant accept he is gone

tanya1980March 20, 2007

Last year in november an ex boyfriend took his own life.Although we were no longer together I still cant accept that he is gone.I keep telling myself that its a mistake and that he is walking around sumwhere and ill see him again onne day.Not a day goes by when I dont think of him,I feel I cant move on.Im jus not ready to accept tht he is gone yet.There are so many unanswered questions ill never know why he did what he did.I will remember him forever and miss him for an eternity.xxxx rip bleu.xxx

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

Tanya, I'm so very sorry. Grieving is a very long, slow process, so it's not surprising that you are still feeling so sad. You will miss him forever. He's gone but one thing that will never go away is your love for him.

Could you do something to memorialize his life? Plant something in the yard, make a donation to a charity he liked? Visit or call his family? Sometimes those things can help.

Take care. I know you are hurting.

Bookmark   March 21, 2007 at 6:04PM
kayjones

Tanya, please accept the sympathies of each of us on this forum. Please take a look at the link below - it might help. GOD BLESS!

Here is a link that might be useful: Suicide/ survivors website

Bookmark   March 23, 2007 at 5:43PM
ross939

I am so sorry for your loss. I am bewildered as to what is happening in our society today, as suicides just seem to be at alarmingly high rates. I haven't read any factual data, but I am guessing we are at all time high rates throughout our nation in the proportion of people taking their own lives. It has affected our family, and it's hard not to find anyone who hasn't been connected in some way to a victim of this epidemic. My thoughts are with you.
--John

Bookmark   March 24, 2007 at 7:01PM
lulie___wayne

I'm so sorry, Tanya. I know that these things are so hard to understand whether it be a tragic accident, an illness or one taking his own life. Even after someone dies after a long illness, we always have unanswered questions... questions that will never be answered. We just have to let them go and try to move forward and remember the good times and all the good things about that person whom we loved so very much.
As someone else mentioned, you may want to memorialize his life in some way. It will most likely promote healing for you.
Lu

Bookmark   March 25, 2007 at 9:34PM
More Discussions
Seeing a Loved One After They Passed Away
I have heard a few stories of people who have actually...
lulie___wayne
Giving Meaning to Life by Billy
Giving Meaning to Life by Billy, see link Here is a...
Konrad___far_north
hard to let go
I lost my husband of 37 years in just 3 weeks of finding...
greendalelady
Dad just passed away
My dad had a heart attack on Thursday January 22, 2015....
kissfan1
Loss of my Mother
Um, I've never really done anything like this before...
Rachel_
Sponsored Products
RGB-pixelpro-reel-12 RGB PixelPro LED Strip Light by the reel
EnvironmentalLights.com
In Between Time II Outdoor Wall Art
Grandin Road
Wee Chicago Sunrise Canvas Wall Art by Nikki Smith - 48W x 48H in. - NSM005HN
$372.99 | Hayneedle
Nantucket Distressed Black Finish Kitchen Island
Overstock.com
Tristen Conch Shell with Marble Base - MULTI COLORS
$3,200.00 | Horchow
Milky Way´┐Ż Rectangular: 5 Ft. 4 In. x 7 Ft. 8 In. Any Day Matinee - Theater Area
$255.95 | Bellacor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™