vacuums: I finally bought one

susie100June 25, 2012

I few weeks ago I asked for recommendations regarding vacuum cleaners from members of this forum. After reading all the input and agonizing (I do this over almost every purchase of more than a few $), I bought a Shark Navigator with a swivel head. It's not the liftaway one, since I already have a small hand vac for those jobs.

Cons: Won't go under the bed (at least mine) since the body is too wide to fit under); weight at swivel head makes it too difficult for me to maneuver on the stairs, but again, I can use the hand vac.

Pros: Doesn't feel like a cheap piece if plastic; feels quite substantial, actually; was easy to put together; most of all, carpets look and feel almost new and I can't believe all that "stuff" came out of the rugs. Ew. Pleased overall, and thank you all again for your input.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
awm03

Good to hear your feedback. My not-so-old vacuum is broken already, so I'll keep your positive report in mind.

Bookmark   June 26, 2012 at 9:14AM
golddust

I think we have the same model. My sister bought the lift off and it seems heavier and not as balanced as mine. Yes, the fine dirt. Yuck. I bought a bottle brush and wash my dirt holder in the sink. Just make sure it is dry before you use it again. The instructions say to use a dry cloth but the brush, sink, soap and water works much better.

Bookmark   June 26, 2012 at 9:26AM
dawnp

I am bringing up this older post to say that I just bought the same Shark Navigator Pro (not the lift away) and I just love it! I bought it at Costco and with the $30 coupon they were offering, it was $119. We have a dog and a cat and I cannot believe the amount of pet hair and fine dirt that this vacuum picks up. It is the best $119 I have ever spent!
Thanks for the tip!

Dawn

Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 11:43PM
golddust

Dawn, I got the same deal on a replacement vacuum. When I was out of town DH broke a glass inside the dishwasher. He vacuumed it out along with the water inside my dishwasher. By the time I got home, my Shark was filled with mold as it wasn't sink cleaned when I left...

DH felt terrible and bought me the Shark Pro. that week ( thanks to the coupon). Well, I cleaned up the mold from the watered Shark, including the hose, with bleach and a long brush before giving my old ( new) vacuum to Aimee. She is thrilled. My new Shark is white instead of silver. I assume you have a white one too.

Bookmark   October 8, 2012 at 1:22AM
dawnp

Gold -

Yes, mine is white too.

Bookmark   October 8, 2012 at 8:01AM
More Discussions
Carpet only in the closet?
Would you carpet a closet when you've got hardwood...
amberm145
Update on mcm landscaping - slow but sure progress
The concrete patios are in, but still curing. They...
rockybird
Any idea what this style house is called?
Hello folks! I saw this house and am very interested...
jplanger
This is why you don't pick paint colours off the internet
This photo has been circulating the internet today....
amberm145
More art questions .. Hanging an eclectic collection.
Ok .. Not sure if you all remember me posting my daughters...
zipdee1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™