Solar Powered Crosses

lulie___wayneMarch 21, 2005

Does anyone have a solar powered cross? Someone who is buried near my mom and Christin has one on their grave and I LOVE it. It is so beautiful at night. I want to go to a religious article store soon and try to find one. I saw them on the internet, but if I can buy one locally, I'd rather do that. That would be a nice thing to put on a grave at Easter.

Anyone familiar with them?

Lu

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gloriam

They have them at the cemetery that my daughter is buried
at Lu. They sell them there for $40.00. I was gonna buy one
for my daughter's grave site. Ask at your cemetery if they
have them.

Bookmark   March 29, 2005 at 9:29PM
lulie___wayne

Thanks, Gloria. I know that they don't have them at our cemetery, but I will check around at others.
Lu

Bookmark   March 30, 2005 at 12:36AM
mal5898

Lulie...Found a web site selling the crosses you are looking for. http://www.solarlightcross.com

Best wishes, Mark in Buffalo

Bookmark   March 30, 2005 at 11:10AM
lulie___wayne

Mark, thanks for the site. This is the sme one I had already seen, though. I was hoping so much that I could find one locally and not have to buy off the internet.
I appreciate your help.
Lu

Bookmark   March 30, 2005 at 11:59AM
skatiero

Call some Christian bookstores. one near our old house sell them, maybe others do as well.

Bookmark   April 5, 2005 at 2:10PM
annamarie

I bought a Solar Light Cross from www.MemorialSilks.com, because they had a better price and offered a coupon at the time. They have one of the best cemetery and memorial website I have seen. So if you are worried about shipping charges, they are very reasonable in comparison to other websites.

Here is a link that might be useful: Memorial Silks

Bookmark   August 19, 2006 at 11:56PM
jlj48

Along this line, my brother put a solar landscaping light by my Dad's grave and it too looks really nice. And I have seen steel markers in white or silver that have a small photo (your loved one's face) and a small engraved plate underneath. They look really nice too. I can provide an email address for contact information if anyone is interested.

Bookmark   August 20, 2006 at 7:04PM
nora8

Hello Lu, It has been a long time since I have been on....you might want to call around to florist shops....the one I did work at sold them. I have moved...but go back often....if you can't find one...let me know. I will send you my new e-mail. Nora

Bookmark   August 25, 2006 at 11:16PM
country_bumpkin_al

Lu...if you do a search on eBay for "Solar Cross", you'll find several.

Just for the heck of it, I also did a search for "Solar Angel" and found this. I'm thinking about getting one to go on our little Matthew's grave.

Here is a link that might be useful: Solar Angel

Bookmark   August 28, 2006 at 2:27PM
shootfuzzy

I bought 4 of the crosses at my local florist. I had to carry them back, because only one of them worked properly.
One didn't work at all, and the other two only worked for a couple of hours and go off. If I shook the crosses they would come back on. I found all this out by going to the cemetery at night for a week, and tried everything to make them work. The Florist gave me a refund, no questions ask.
So, I assumed they had others brought back. They are Beautiful when they work, but plain looking by themselves.
I bought the Solar Angel for my little Daughters grave and it works beautifully. I just ordered the Bible for my Parents and Brother. I just hope it works as well as the Angel, because I had to order them on the internet.

Bookmark   September 12, 2008 at 3:15PM
More Discussions
Dad just passed away
My dad had a heart attack on Thursday January 22, 2015....
kissfan1
Sudden Witnessed Death of Spouse
I am new to this forum. I found this site after Google...
jcsgirl2012
Gift
Hello, I joined today because a friend has just lost...
friend2U
sudden death of husband at 46 years of age
Hi...I stumbled upon this forum and felt compelled...
still_in_shock
how to help a grieving mom
tomorrow I am going to visit my beautful cousin who...
homebodymom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™