Re- Hemorrhoids

deb_paJanuary 19, 2013

Bird-lover, you mentioned you keep a water bottle on your desk. I got my hemorrhoid the day my daughter was born and it only bothers me a few times a year. You need to put a nice soft pillow on you desk chair if you sit there often. I noticed mine would flare up from sitting on the hard desk chair. Also try to never get constipated or real loose bowel movements, both will irritate the hemorrhoid. I keep a prescription of cortizone suppositories on hand because I never know when it will act up, even carry one in my purse in case I need it when I'm out. Hope this helps.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emma

A doctor told my husband how to prevent hemorrhoids, he ignored the information and eventually had to have surgery.

I have a slight problem,and used the instructions the doctor game my husband: Use a box of 12 suppositories following the directions on the box. After they have shrunk a bit I take these precautions. Do not wipe with a lot of pressure because it pulls the muscles out. Clean yourself carefully then follow up with a wet wipe. I buy unscented toddler type wipes because of their thickness and size and dispose of it in the plastic bag the newspaper comes in. He also suggested using Vaseline when you notice a problem.

Mine have not been bad enough to use a pillow, prevention is the best thing. While you are trying to get rid of the problem take warm baths, soaking until the water cools helps a lot.

Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 1:33PM
vieja_gw

I am using Rx cortisone suppositories & it helps but they are expensive, as well as 'Balneo'l cleansing creme (rather expensive also... but not a Rx!).

Bookmark   February 22, 2013 at 10:18PM
carrie630

I used to have constipation - years ago. I was never "normal" - then I started having steel cut oats every morning religiously - I have been "normal" everyday and it has made a world of a difference for me.

Not sure if this would work for everyone, but it sure does work for me.

Carrie

Bookmark   March 14, 2013 at 9:38AM
flowergirl70ks

Try eating 3 prunes a day.

Bookmark   March 29, 2013 at 9:41AM
More Discussions
Any help for balance problems?
I hope someone can relate. I have terrible balance...
phoggie
Post Pregnancy Joint Pain & Muscle Stiffness
Wondering if others have experienced joint pain and...
Audlee
Suggest a remedy for chapped hand and breaking of nails
I am a working lady and my work is mostly on computer....
kalifa
Anyone heard of Ageless Xtra?
Hi everyone, I usually post and lunk on the decorating...
customdecorator
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™