sitting on a cow

lachaseNovember 16, 2009

Has anyone thought of leather furniture like what it is: sitting on a dead animal's skin? I have been researching for my sofa choice a lot and happened across a site that showed leather with the cow's old brand showing through. It got me thinking about the poor cow and kind of grossed me out to think about what the leather really is. I know this seems like a strange post, but just curious if anyone has had reservations about buying leather because of the cow factor?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

No more than I have the shoe factor nor a problem eating steak...I mean really....grilling a hunk of a cow's hind end???
And then there are all the unborn chickens in my omelet!
Oh yes and all the silk worms that died because of the people who sacrificed them for my blouse!
It seems the cow is the least of it.

Bookmark   November 16, 2009 at 10:31PM
lachase

Personally, if I think about what meat really is, it makes me nauseaus.

Bookmark   November 17, 2009 at 5:08PM
rjinga

I think that this over exaggerated negative perception of eating and/or using animals and animal products as being taboo in some way is nothing more than a media produced special interest group hype.

If you believe in a creator, explain how and why animals were put on this earth, they were put here for our sustanence, like it or not. BUT, like in all things, it's your choice and no one is going to condem you for whatever you believe.

Romans, Chapter 14

Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Bookmark   November 18, 2009 at 9:19AM
More Discussions
Horchow new chairs
Anybody knows the manufacturer of these chairs? Where...
inna0410
Barcalounger v Lane v Best or other recliner advice
Hi--I think I've done my homework,and I've read other...
sailormass
Furniture Arrangement Help Needed
There's my new great room from overhead. You can't...
bplevyak
How to add under bed storage?
I love our bed, especially the headboard. Sadly our...
fuzzypawsnewpad
Who Are Reputable Made In America/North American Furniture Companies?
I am looking for great-room/living room furniture for...
mothersnood
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™