XP from Baths: Uh-Oh, the tile is too tall!!

alku05June 28, 2011

So the carpet went in our master bedroom on Friday and it became obvious that the height of our bathroom tile combined with the backerboard is taller than the carpet edging. This means that we need to find some way of putting in a transition otherwise we're worried the tile edge will chip or become a toe-stubber over the years as the carpet wears, or at the very least, be a crud-catcher.

Floor guy and GC were here today and talking about getting samples of some rubber piece to use for the transition. I will try my best to reserve judgement until I see the samples, but plastic-y rubber between my carpet and tile seems like it would be uber tacky and cheap looking!

We can't be the first to have this problem, so I'm hoping there's better options out there than rubber. We've got white tile and beige carpet that are meeting up. I'm hoping for some miracle suggestions...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Floortech

Marble Threshold is a possibility..Wood transition stained to match vanity or baseboard..another possibility...or double tack strips turned and pinned to allow fabric to flow over tile...could get baggy behind the strips with this theory though. No way..no way..now way do you use rubber track...absolutely a tacky non decor way of transitioning. Floor Guy and GC usually do not know all transition options or what is considered appropriate decor. Good Luck

Bookmark   June 28, 2011 at 11:12PM
More Discussions
Wood-flooring vs tile in home with dog
I'm remodeling my 2-story condo and replacing flooring....
LARemodel
Somerset Country Hardwood Made in China
After ordering 1650 sf of Somerset Country hardwood,...
blondie859111
Flooring for road noise - Carpet or LVT
Hi Everyone, We are looking into replacing our entire...
houston70sranch
Anyone used Coretec?
I have searched and searched, but I haven't seen any...
joygreenwald
Marble floor in a high traffic area?
I was planning to purchase marble for the floor in...
lucik77
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™