where to purchase

marjenJune 30, 2013

Hey All,

So I am looking to remove our disgusting rugs from the upstairs and replace with some kind of wood. Thinking engineered but might go bamboo. Anyway I am looking at where I should purchase, HD or Lowes? Directbuild? LL? Looking for internet purchase most likely. I need to avoid this place because everytime I think i know what I want I come here and read bad things about the floor or the company :) It cant all be bad can it??

I have bamboo in first floor, calibamboo. Not crazy about. Parts have held up well but It is terrible with any sort of water. Actually fine in kitchen so far, but by one door the finish is all coming up, so dont think I want to go with them again. But was thinking maybe bamboo just so the whole house was same species.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

A real flooring center, stay away from box stores and LL if you want a quality product. A good flooring center will provide the service your looking for at a reasonable price.

Bookmark   June 30, 2013 at 6:14PM
marjen

Well I am going to give direct build a try. I really like the look of the Jasper handscraped maple latte. engineered floor. So far CS has been great, they sent me a bunch of free samples with free overnight delivery. After I narrowed it down based on the samples they are letting me order a single box to check board straightness, color, length etc. So even though the website has a "minimum" order, they let me just get 1 box. I will see what the product looks like when it arrives.

FYI this is for a 2nd floor balcony/hallway and 2 kids rooms.

Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 11:44AM
elle_h

marjen, how old is your calibamboo and was it exposed to snowmelt/water in entry to sustain damage? Or why has it not held up? Fine all other places? I am looking into using calibamboo, so am looking for real life stories on how the flooring has held up/wears, so thankful to finally find one! Thanks for the help!

Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 12:25AM
More Discussions
Marble floor in a high traffic area?
I was planning to purchase marble for the floor in...
lucik77
Wood-flooring vs tile in home with dog
I'm remodeling my 2-story condo and replacing flooring....
LARemodel
Somerset Country Hardwood Made in China
After ordering 1650 sf of Somerset Country hardwood,...
blondie859111
Is it a bad idea to use pebble tiles in the kitchen?
I am wondering if pebble tiles work ok in the kitchen...
sherry0117
Difference visually between 1/8 and 3/16 grout joints?
We're thinking 1/8 but the installer is suggesting...
joep_2009
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™