Thought I had problems

goldyDecember 29, 2011

After reading some of these messages I feel better about my situations.My grown grands treat me like and orphan.I'm glad I'm self supporting and don't need them.I have a dog go to church and trust in God and I try not to think about their actions.I really think they think if they are nice to me they might have to take care of me.But I have worked all my life and no matter what my money still comes in.It's good to live on your own and when that becomes impossible go to a nurseing home and do the best you can.we all have to leave this world sooner or later,

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marie_ndcal

Sorry you feel that way, but sometimes people treat us because they have not been treated very good by others. My grandkids are all good but at times we have had our issues, maybe not directly with them but with their parents or others. We all need someone, especially as we age, as we cannot depend on strangers. Some nursing homes are not the best. Many people get meds they really don't need. I am not saying we need to bribe our relatives,but sometime just a kind attitude helps.
Maybe thur a living will, or other documents, you can show your family that you can take care of yourself, at least financially, because the way the law works, the state makes the kids pay for nursing homes, for elders, even though they cannot afford it themselves. The state does not care who pays, and most states cannot even afford the better homes because of cutbacks.
I do wish you the best and hope you can make peace with your family.

Bookmark   December 29, 2011 at 5:31PM
goldy

I have no problem with my family.they have problem with me.Have you ever been told by someone younger than you what to do?Keep on liveing and you will .I give them suggestions and they say"buggoff'They give me instructions and I'm supposed to say "yes".I have friends in nurseing homes and they like it.the ones that don't don't know what's going on anyway because they are out of It.yes "we all need someone and when that time comes for me it will be provided.

Bookmark   December 29, 2011 at 9:12PM
marie_ndcal

Yep, I have had people younger than me tell me what to do and there are times I really appreciate it. They, including my relatives, look at things different than me or my hubby and it helps. Sometimes I just remind them that I can make decisions by myself. I am slmost 80, still driving, and managing pretty good. I do computer stuff ok, learning to handle a Kindle, read alot, enjoy the younger generations sometime better than old people, can clear the snow off the steps, son in law has the big snow blower, and if it too icy/cold, not to worry, someone will help me out.
I really enjoy people, but also enjoy being by myself
Have a great day
M.

Bookmark   January 6, 2012 at 6:05PM
More Discussions
Uninterested Grandparents
I need some advice! My husband's parents are local...
Jensor04
Thoughts about jealousy of the other grandparent(s)
As I mentioned in my other "thoughts on"...
elisa_z5
long...vent...Not seeing new grandbaby, nervous DIL
I am heartsick today. I have one child/son I am close...
laziblu
Grandparents' Dogs!
My wife and myself have a 4 month old and an 8 year...
tlescak
Sleeping Solution-2 year old
Hello, I am anticipating my two year old grand daughter's...
southerngirl1913
Sponsored Products
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Kaleen Rugs Inspire Sensation Mocha 9 ft.
Home Depot
Gold Orchid Cheese Board & Knife
$199.00 | Horchow
Ohio Dining Chairs Set of 2 in Silver
$379.00 | LexMod
Regal Teak Rosemont Teak Wood Backless Bench - R039ST5
$298.99 | Hayneedle
Dorica Floor Lamp by Santa & Cole
$1,935.00 | Lumens
Tiffany Purple Green Floor Lamp
ParrotUncle
Relaxation Sand Pendulum
$34.99 | Dot & Bo
Domani Passport Ikat Ivory Rug (7'7 x 10'10)
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™