Help! Need 8 mattresses. Suggestions please!

fairlight47November 1, 2010

Our 8 grandkids (ages 13 to 5; 4 girls & 4 boys)come to visit for 2 weeks every summer. This year we've made two bedrooms for them and have purchased furniture. We don't want to spend a fortune on mattresses but we can't find thin mattresses for the platform beds we purchased @ Ikea. We also don't need top of the line for only 2 weeks out of the year. All suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
momfromthenorth

Try Sams Club or Costco. You don't have to buy a set there. Or try your local furniture store and see if they will give you a great price on 8 twins. I can't believe they wouldn't.

Bookmark   November 2, 2010 at 11:29PM
Moccasin

Think about air mattresses. They are pretty comfortable and have a sort of sueded surface that will help keep the sheets on the beds. You'll never have to bother with any box springs either. That is a big waste of money and space.

Bookmark   November 8, 2010 at 9:30PM
camlan

Wouldn't Ikea have mattresses to fit the beds? Or are you looking for something cheaper than Ikea?

How thin a mattress are you looking for? Thinner than a standard twin?

Bookmark   November 10, 2010 at 11:17AM
ncfg

Take a look at Golden mattress company; they are one of the brands we carry and has a very good value. You can get a good twin mattress for about $95 each and would be getting a much better mattress than if you saved $10 or $20 on each mattress. If you are in NC I would be glad to help you out; however outside of NC would kill your deal with the shipping fees.

Bookmark   November 10, 2010 at 12:33PM
noodlesportland

you can go to a foam store--look one up in your area--they can cut the size you need--think if you needed foam for a window seat--same idea--could even be a memory foam type.

Bookmark   December 1, 2010 at 2:20AM
More Discussions
how to buy high end furniture online and save?
Is there a guide to buying highend furniture online? I...
LauraOliver
Online slipcover companies
Need to re-slipcover our Arhaus Greta sectional, and...
kardut
Bernhardt vs. Thomasville for leather.
Thinking of getting a leather sofa for its durability....
Sparks72
Bauhaus sofa & Ethan Allen Metropolitan
Hello all, this is my first time posting, looking for...
blossom1022
Who Are Reputable Made In America/North American Furniture Companies?
I am looking for great-room/living room furniture for...
mothersnood
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™