Restoration Hardware's Parsons Reclaimed Russian Oak Table Care
I'm looking at buying Restoration Hardware's Parsons Reclaimed Russian Oak Table (60") and had questions I'm hoping you friendly users can help with.
1) What can I put on the wood to protect it from spills/kids?
- I've read about Monocoat oil from another post, but it seems to darken the wood more than I would like. I want to keep it a greying/beige as much as possible while sufficiently protecting it.
2) Would a water based polyurethane coat work?
- Would it make for a too glossy of a coat?
- How should it be applied? Patting or brushing?
- How long would it lasts? I'm looking for something to last a long time, but understand if that's not a good option.
3) Does the wood vs coating matter?
4) Does anyone have pictures or reviews for this table? Or other Reclaimed Russian Oak products from RH?
- I saw it in person a few months ago, but now we are looking for a dining table and I remember liking it, but don't remember the exact color or gloss. I'll call around and take another look at it in person.
5) Alternatives? I really liked the proportions of this table vs other parsons like tables. And anything cheaper would be much appreciated. We are planning to buy sometime in Jan 2013, if we are able to save enough $.
Thank you all for your time and responses :)
Here is a link that might be useful: Restoration Hardware's Parsons Reclaimed Russian Oak