Advice on buying furniture for a beach house.

ammomNovember 21, 2009

I'm looking for a couch and some chairs for a family room of a beach house. The room is right off the back entrance so it will be used a lot, especially coming in from the beach. So, I don't want to get something high end that I'd have to worry about. Also, we may be renting the house out on occasion. There's a store nearby that sells, flexsteel, clayton marcus, rowe and bradington young. Thinking of taking at look at what they have. I've already purchased some Lee Industries for the living room, but would like to go a little cheaper (without looking cheap) in the family room. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lachase

I saw a store while I was on vacation in FL that seemed to have a lot of things appropriate for a beach house. Here is their link: http://www.yumyumtreefurniture.net/
Hope that helps.

Bookmark   November 22, 2009 at 9:37PM
beachlily z9a

Most people who purchase beach houses buy their furniture at Rooms to Go. I just shake my head, but that's the way it is. If it get dirty, toss and replace.

I'm beachside in Central FL. See it all the time. That's the only kind of furniture sold in the Daytona area.

Bookmark   November 23, 2009 at 8:14AM
kateskouros

whatever it is, i would suggest going with a COM for fabric and using sunbrella on everything. i'm using their sailcloth on a couple of settees for our breakfast room and i have to tell you, the stuff is fabulous. durable and soft with a nice hand and unbelievably resilient to stains/dirt/sun. well worth the cost, imo. good luck!

Bookmark   December 5, 2009 at 12:45AM
More Discussions
Taylor King sofas ??
We have found a couple Taylor King sofas that we really...
fleurdelis05
Online slipcover companies
Need to re-slipcover our Arhaus Greta sectional, and...
kardut
Bassett Custom Dining Tables
Anyone out there bought Bassett custom dining tables....
Gregstu
Ethan Allen furniture... comments on quality
We're looking at Ethan Allen furniture. I know it was...
Mercymygft
Furniture help
Hello My boyfriend and I just moved in and we really...
Penny Dimitrakaki
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™