Colonial Furniture Company?

dboneuscNovember 13, 2012

Is anyone familiar with the quality of Colonial Furniture Company?

I'm interested in one of their "formal cherry" poster beds, and wondering how quality stacks up against manufacturers like Henkel Harris, etc.

http://www.colonialfurniture.com/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
denali2007

I have both Henkle Harris and Colonial furniture. I have HH for my occasional tables in the formal living room and my DR table, chairs and hutch are Colonial. They are both extremely well made and I never tire of it. My pieces are about 25 years old. I know that HH was sold a number of years ago, so I don't know if their quality is the same. You will not be disappointed in Colonial Furniture. My mom also has end tables from Colonial that are about 35 years old.

Bookmark   November 22, 2012 at 11:15AM
azmom

The quality of Henkel Harris is so much superior to the quality of Colonial Furniture. Unfortunately, heard from this board that Henkel Harris is closing down. You may be able to get better price now.

We have Henkel Harris furniture for living room, dinning room and master bedroom. We enjoy using them daily. The quality of the pieces are fairly consistent since we purchased ours over the years.

Going forward when necessary, I would get second hand Henkel Harris furniture if the pieces are in excellent condition. IMO, their quality, material, workmanship are top notch, and the finish on the furniture is legendary, second to none.

Bookmark   November 25, 2012 at 1:05AM
diganote

According to senior management at Henkel Harris (which I spoke to yesterday), their new pieces are being marked up, not down as of late. The factory is fetching a 10-30% premium in the past month since they announced their planned closure.

Bookmark   December 9, 2012 at 11:05PM
More Discussions
Debating between a drexel or henredon bed
What is better quality? The are both 4 post beds. Just...
shweebies
Living Room Furniture Recomendations
What brands of living room furniture compare to Durham...
tiffany2009
What happens to returned furniture
We recently received a living room furniture and one...
madness76
Online slipcover companies
Need to re-slipcover our Arhaus Greta sectional, and...
kardut
Horchow new chairs
Anybody knows the manufacturer of these chairs? Where...
inna0410
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™