which fabric should i choose?

kateskourosNovember 16, 2009

i was all set to order my henredon sofas and in the mean time i got some sunbrella sail cloth fabric samples in for a settee in my breakfast room. i was surprised to see one of the sunbrella (stain and sun resistant) samples matched my fabric selection from henredon exactly. the only difference is the henredon fabric (grade N) seems to be slightly heavier with a little stretch to it.

i'm thinking the heaviness of the fabric, combined with the stretch make it the better choice BUT it's pretty tempting to go with the sunbrella for ease of care. i have two children, ages 6 & 7 and a husband. we don't allow food or drink in the living room but still, they are all slobs. what do you think?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lachase

I would say follow your instincts because, you probably are drawn more to one than the other. If you really would be happier with the sunbrella, go for it. Good luck choosing!

Bookmark   November 16, 2009 at 9:56PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
missym2009

PLEASE look into SunArmor Products. They are great at protecting your fabrics against stains. I used Water & Stain Protection on my office chair to protect it against coke stains. You really wouldn't believe how well it worked. The coke just beaded up.

Here is a link that might be useful: Protect Fabrics

Bookmark   November 23, 2009 at 3:16PM
More Discussions
Quality Outdoor Furniture Brands/Materials?
I am looking to buy an outdoor dining set, chaise loungers...
wendage2
how to buy high end furniture online and save?
Is there a guide to buying highend furniture online? I...
LauraOliver
Barcalounger v Lane v Best or other recliner advice
Hi--I think I've done my homework,and I've read other...
sailormass
Who Are Reputable Made In America/North American Furniture Companies?
I am looking for great-room/living room furniture for...
mothersnood
Debating between a drexel or henredon bed
What is better quality? The are both 4 post beds. Just...
shweebies
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™