Green Furniture

NatureBoy2November 28, 2011

Has anyone had any luck using "Green" furniture? I've hear alot about it recently and am thinking about the purchase. Is it durable?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bobismyuncle

What exactly do you mean by "green?" I'm afraid it is one of those labels that companies will put on a product to sucker in the uninformed.

I saw a bottle of "organic honey" last week in the store. Really? I used to keep bees and could never train them to go to certain plants.

Bookmark   November 29, 2011 at 12:43PM
Fori is not pleased

If you mean environmentally friendly kinda green, anything used you get off your local craisglist will beat new furniture for lack of environmental impact.

Bookmark   November 29, 2011 at 8:16PM
toronado3800 Zone 6 StLouis

Ditto.

Lord, natural latex mattresses are fairly ecofriendly. They typically get just a wood foundation box. Another renewable resource....

Put one of those on a rustic pine bedroom set? The type that looks like bare tree limbs and I guess you're in business.

How far do you wanna go?

None of the furniture suppliers I have dealings with brag on their chinese or vietnamese tree farms at all.

A company called Perdue Woodworks makes domestic particle board furniture that is real decent for the price. Guess you could call them and ask about their forestry practices.

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 8:34AM
bobismyuncle

Recently "dark" word becomes more and more popular in every area, I think dark furniture is equal to quality furniture.

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 8:59PM
More Discussions
Kitchen Table Repair
Hi. My kitchen table has a crack in it and I was wondering...
marc83
Lexington chez michelle Bedroom Set - 7 piece
Hi, i am purchasing a used 7-piece Lexington chez michelle...
kathietang
Slats or Boxspring?
Like the title says: Slats or Boxspring to support...
pbx2
Upholstery Fabric Durability
I am about to purchase a Lee Industries couch and two...
3kidsonedogandus
Is using natural latex foam for sofa seat cushions going overboard?
I know this must seem like an odd question, but 100%...
texasgal47
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™