Funeral for Grandson

LibertySDNovember 29, 2001

I'm sorry this is such a sad question to post here, but I didn't know where elso to go.

Our grandson was due to be delivered by c-section on Nov. 30. He died on Nov. 25 before he was born. I am trying to find an inspirational verse for the funeral bulletin, but I can't find anything. I will go to the funeral home tomorrow and look at what they have for verses, if nobody here has any suggestions. I have been searching on-line at many sites for an inspirational verse, but I keep running into dead links, etc. I just thought that maybe someone here might be aware of an inspirational verse that really touched them at one time. I am looking for the perfect verse for my little grandbaby.

Thank you very much. This is such a sad time, but I am glad that I have God to lean on.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carol_in_california

I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know any appropriate verses but I just want you to know I will keep you in my prayers. I lost a son many years ago and although the pain has lessened, it is still there.

Bookmark   November 29, 2001 at 10:50PM
MauiSG

My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your Grandson. In preparing for the wonderous occasion of new birth God has decided to keep your precious Grandchild for himself. Maybe you'll find that verse somewhere in one of Ginny's poems.

Here is a link that might be useful: Inspirational Poetry by Virginia Ellis

Bookmark   November 30, 2001 at 6:42AM
LibertySD

Thank you Carol and Maui SG for your kind words and the link to the poetry by Virginia Ellis. What beautiful poetry!!!! I very much appreciate your kindness! Thank you again!

Bookmark   November 30, 2001 at 9:20PM
jenn

My heart goes out to you at such a sad time.

Bookmark   December 1, 2001 at 11:39AM
SherryJ

Oh honey, I am so sorry for the loss of your grandson. Blessings to you and your family and most especially to your little one.

MauiSG, thanks for the link. The love in those simple verses just leaped into my heart.

Bookmark   December 1, 2001 at 11:48AM
patgpa_pacbell_net

I am so sorry about the loss of your Baby Grandson.
I can't imagine how much sadness you and your family are feeling.

It won't help, but I am lighting a candle in his memory on the dining room table .

My thoughts are with you all.

Bookmark   December 2, 2001 at 10:17PM
More Discussions
Sleeping Solution-2 year old
Hello, I am anticipating my two year old grand daughter's...
southerngirl1913
Sad Grandmother
I am brand new to this site and posting to this forum....
Nana3540
Need advice on boundaries
Our second Grandchild will be born this Saturday and...
jules0988
My in-laws who are soon-to-be grandparents
My husband and I are pregnant with our first. His parents...
LullabyF360
Very young grandparent....
Hello! I just came across the site, and hoping to find...
kase48
Sponsored Products
Pre-owned Mid-Century Tapa Cloth
$595.00 | Chairish
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™