Grandson's Potty Habits

KellieNovember 26, 2001

Hello! My 5 year old grandson constantly poops in his pants. My daughter has tried everything to get him to go to the bathroom the right way--even the school has tried to help. I feel bad for him because he always stinks! Is there anyone out there who has had this problem and can help us? My grandson is in Kindergarten this year and I hate to think of the kids making fun of him. Thanks in advance. Kellie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Dutchvrouw_aol_com

I'd guess it's time for a good physical and a trip to a child psychologist. My four-year-old grandson will only poop in a pull-up but he controls it the same as his older brother controls his bowels. I'm optimistic a year will help him but if it doesn't I hope he gets a little bit of psychological help.

Bookmark   November 26, 2001 at 4:09PM
JTHouston

I think a physical is in order, if nothing is found to be wrong, then consider talking to the doctor about getting him some additional help.

Bookmark   November 27, 2001 at 8:33AM
KateNY

That is getting to be a little too old for that. I've always believed that they will do it when they are ready but 5 is pushing it. My DS is very stubborn and always did things at his own pace. He was completely potty training by 3 1/2 to 4 even though he was quite capable of doing it earlier. He even pooped his pants a couple of times in Kindergarten or 1st grade and tried to act like nothing happened! But, he didn't constantly do it and I think that's where the problem is with your grandson. There must be a physical or psychological issue and I agree that a doctor or psychologist is the best bet! Good luck and keep us posted.

Bookmark   November 27, 2001 at 2:45PM
More Discussions
New Grandchild anyday
We are blessed to have 8 grandchildren and a new granddaughter...
cmcgaha2012
can't see one grandkid, must take them all or none. what?!
My daughter and 2yo granddaughter moved in with me...
Tired_of_this
grandmother teases granddaughter
How do I stop my mother from teasing my 9yo grandaughter....
Tamaras
Very young grandparent....
Hello! I just came across the site, and hoping to find...
kase48
long...vent...Not seeing new grandbaby, nervous DIL
I am heartsick today. I have one child/son I am close...
laziblu
Sponsored Products
Magis | Paradise Tree Coat Stand
YLiving.com
Modway Wing Lounge Chair in Black
Beyond Stores
Steelcase | Walkstation, 66-Inch Wide
YLiving.com
Orange Tall Habit Vase
$49.99 | zulily
Steelcase | Walkstation, 38-Inch Wide
YLiving.com