Looking for a deep sofa

redrob2November 22, 2010

Does anyone have any recommendations for a pretty deep, comfortable and quality built sofa? I'm quite tall (6'4") and my girlfriend is on the shorter side (5'2") and we're looking for something we're both comfortable in. We both really liked the comfort level of the PB Comfort Grand Slipcovered Sofa from Pottery Barn but we're concerned a bit about overall build quality. We've looked around and the next closest thing we can find is something like the Estate (XL) sofa from Bassett but I feel like it's almost too deep. Any thoughts on someplace else to look or can anyone convince us the PB couch will hold up for some number of years? We'd also like to keep it under $2500 (not leather) but that's negotiable.

-Rob

Rochester, NY

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
srg215

crate and barrel Lounge collection. sooooo insanely comfy & deep. no one ever wants to get off of our couch.

Bookmark   November 30, 2010 at 7:02PM
john0102

People, visited a Staples retail store over the weekend to buy some printer supplies. I could not belief that they are now carrying designer office chairs. Really nice looking models that are labeled 'designer chair reproduction' - clearly a Charles Eames design, even though Staples does not point that out. Pretty cheap, too!

Bookmark   December 2, 2010 at 6:04AM
ftell001

Thomasville makes a wonderful sofa..deep seat, down wrapped cushions....traditional styling and you can pick your fabric.

Bookmark   December 4, 2010 at 8:18AM
NC_Steve

Try The Comfortable Couch Company out of Cornelius, NC. They build replicas or near replicas of some Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware sofas. Better frames than PB uses and made right in Hickory NC.

Bookmark   December 13, 2010 at 2:52PM
More Discussions
Barcalounger v Lane v Best or other recliner advice
Hi--I think I've done my homework,and I've read other...
sailormass
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
Tolix for outdoors?
Does anyone have experience using Tolix chairs outdoors?...
Chris 802
Furniture help
Hello My boyfriend and I just moved in and we really...
Penny Dimitrakaki
CHACHKIES has over 40,000 Designer Approved Furnishings and growing
Visit CHACHKIES.com to find a wide selection of hand...
Chachkies
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™