Sofa Help!!! Lane vs. Best Home Furnishings

zhelderNovember 27, 2011

Hi everyone. This is my first time on this forum. I'm hoping to get some good advice from the furniture experts out there. Are there any sofa/furniture experts out there? I'm getting pretty desperate for a couch. I have my heart set on a power reclining sofa. I checked out the chain stores and was unimpressed. Today, I went to two local furniture stores. One had a Lane sofa, the other had a Best sofa.

The Best sofa that the one dealer had was not power, but said it could be added. It was very comfortable and felt very solid. The Lane sofa at the other dealer was power, and while it also felt solid and comfortable, I thought the Best sofa felt a little more solid and plush/dense. The one dealer told me they sold both brands, but they always recommended Lane over Best. The Best seems to have a better warranty (lifetime frame, two year motor vs. one year on everything for the Lane).

So, does anyone have any thoughts as to which way I should go? Both were vastly superior to the stuff I saw at the chains, and I need to make a decision quick. Thanks for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
edwinsmoz

Well, it sounds like they are both good quality. So it comes down to the look, feel, and price of the sofas. You may first want to check and see if the price of the Best sofa + Power is going to be comparable to the Lane sofa on price + features. Then you will want to see if it comes in the material and color you want. It looks like Lane has more options.

Bookmark   November 28, 2011 at 1:10PM
lascatx

I'm not familiar with Best Home, but I have a Lane leather sectional that is about 9 years old and I'm considering having the stuffing reworked to last another nine. We have 2 reclining sections but power wasn't an option then, so I can't tell you about that.

Bookmark   December 4, 2011 at 12:10AM
EliteFurniture

I would recommend Lane over the Best. However with the power option if the power mechanism goes out in any power recliner then the reclining section will not work without the power.

Bookmark   December 7, 2011 at 12:56PM
More Discussions
Split Mahogany Furniture
In 2003, I purchased solid mahogany furniture (made...
nszzya
AL Comfort Sleeper worth the price?
I'm considering purchasing a sectional with a sleeper...
virtualanne
Ethan Allen furniture... comments on quality
We're looking at Ethan Allen furniture. I know it was...
Mercymygft
How do I Deep Clean a Filthy Leather Sofa?
I purchased a used leather sofa off Craigslist last...
trofywife
Room&Board Cruz Chaise Lounge Cushion help
I would be forever grateful If anyone has a Cruz chaise...
missmaggs
Sponsored Products
5 ft. Premier Micro Suede King Fuf Foam Bean Bag Sofa - 0005079L
$158.98 | Hayneedle
Magatama 3 Piece Outdoor Patio Chaise in Espresso Red
$999.00 | LexMod
White Wynn Leather Sectional - Right Chaise
Zuri Furniture
Le Corbusier LC3 Style Loveseat
IFN Modern
Rhythm Eggplant 16 x 16-Inch Throw Pillow
$48.40 | Bellacor