Flexsteel reclining sofas

lachaseNovember 14, 2009

I found 2 that I liked: the Crosstown, latitudes model which is partial leather and partial vinyl to keep it affordable, I was told. It is very comfortable and in a good price range. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with it? Another Flexsteel model I liked was a reclining sofa called the Chicago; it was also a latitudes model, and was in a fabric called Evergreen. I'd like input if anyone has any. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lachase

No response so I'm answering my own post from what I've been reading which is that the Latitudes series of Flexsteel sofas are made in China. To me, made in China=crap! Does anyone agree?

Bookmark   November 15, 2009 at 12:20AM
mamacita63

I have owned a Flexsteel for about 8 years and it still looks and works like new--4 recliners in a sectional style sofa. I have 4 kids. We are not petite people--husband and sons are 6'3" and between 230 & 300 pounds, so it definitely gets used. Would have no reservations recommending one.

Bookmark   November 15, 2009 at 11:20PM
lachase

Do you think yours was manufactured in the U.S. before they started their China operations? I know Flexsteel has had a good reputation which is why I was initially drawn to them. I was very surprised that they had gone to producing in China like so many other companies are doing. Today I also found articles online about people in the UK being "poisoned" (severe burns, breathing issues) by some fungicide that was being used on sofas from China to prevent mold during shipping. It seems like so many products from there turn out to be toxic, shoddy or both, my instincts are to steer clear even with the good rep Flexsteel has historically had. I wonder if some of their sofas are still even made in the U.S. anymore or if they are all China made now?
I'm glad you are having luck with yours and hope it works for you for many years to come.

Bookmark   November 16, 2009 at 12:59AM
More Discussions
What experience have you had with Nantuckit Furniture?
Hi! I am thinking about purchasing a slipcovered sectional...
jfkdeb
Living Room Furniture Recomendations
What brands of living room furniture compare to Durham...
tiffany2009
how to buy high end furniture online and save?
Is there a guide to buying highend furniture online? I...
LauraOliver
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
Duane Collie - Question, Please!
Our H & M Kodiak sofa, love seat, chair & ottoman...
cindylouhoo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™