PermaStone in a 3 season room

STLsusanJune 28, 2011

We have been researching flooring for our new 3 season room (in St Louis)and had almost finalized our decision to use NAFCO PermaStone tile when a flooring store told us that we should not use it in a 3 season room. He told us that the warranty would not be valid because the room will not be climate controlled.

The room is on a raised deck floor and we are having the floor insulated and a shed will be built under it.

The flooring store told us that the ONLY flooring that would be warranteed would be carpet (glued down) or porcelain. Neither of these are my preference.

I also inquired about VCT, rolled vinyl, rubber, and bamboo but he said NO to all of those as well.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or any experience with using composite tile in a 3 season room?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Floortech

A true floating vinyl..airstep from Congo..laminate with appropriate expansion...Ceramic Tile...or Glue down carpet...

Bookmark   June 28, 2011 at 11:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
STLsusan

One more consideration. The floor has to be able to stand up to a power wheelchair.

over 500 pounds
wheels turning in tight turns

it has to be easy to maintain .... really don't like ceramic.

can you give me names of some quality laminate products. and what would you consider "appropriate expansion"?

Thanks.......

Bookmark   June 29, 2011 at 12:42AM
More Discussions
Review on Taun wood
Has anyone used Taun wood for flooring? We are looking...
itspepsico
Suggestions for Beach House Flooring
Building a 2500 SF house and 500 SF carriage house...
cobbyw
Filler in travertine marble tiles is coming out causing pitting
We put travertine marble throughout our house. We were...
caribbeancupcake
Wood-flooring vs tile in home with dog
I'm remodeling my 2-story condo and replacing flooring....
LARemodel
Is it a bad idea to use pebble tiles in the kitchen?
I am wondering if pebble tiles work ok in the kitchen...
sherry0117
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™