help

keiraroseOctober 27, 2006

I have recently starting talking to my father after sometime now and he has never met my 19 mo old. now my son already has a grandma and Grump-pa (he's a grouch) and a mom-mom and Pop-pop my father is remarried to a 36 year old (only 9 years older then me by the way) I dont want to hurt my mom by letting my son also call her grandma (my mom is really sensitive to this matter) any Ideas on what to do??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eileenlamp

As a grandma, I can certainly understand how your mom would feel. Think of a name that is very different from Grandma. There's a huge thread just a few threads down about "What your grandchild calls you". Read through the thread and maybe you'll find a name for your father's wife that appeals to you.

Bookmark   October 28, 2006 at 3:19AM
kiendu

I would guess your Dads 36 year old wife probably doesn't want to think of herself as a "Grandma" anyway, and maybe wouldn't want to be called Grandma by your son. Why not ask her and see if there is some nickname she would prefer to be called. Then you wouldn't step on any toes... your Moms or hers. I would tell your Dad's wife that your Mom is Grandma to your son, and too many people by the same name can be confusing... so let's pick a nickname everyone is comfortable with.

Bookmark   November 13, 2006 at 12:35PM
grannysbloomers

My granddaughter calls me grandma, my ex husbands wife Nanny. Works for us so maybe your baby can come up with his own word for her?

Bookmark   November 25, 2006 at 4:45PM
More Discussions
Thoughts about boundaries issues
It has been an incredible blessing, and a difficult...
elisa_z5
Great ways to bond with your grandchildren
What are fun activities that do you do to bond with...
MargStone
Uninterested Grandparents
I'm becoming more and more troubled by the behavior...
iarsk
Grandma to be
I just found out 2 weeks ago that I am going to be...
Irishmama2
Sleeping Solution-2 year old
Hello, I am anticipating my two year old grand daughter's...
southerngirl1913
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™