A dream visit after ten years

alisandeJanuary 8, 2006

As many of you know, I've been most fortunate in having dream visits from my daughter Jill. My dad has visited me, too, but only a few times in the dozen years since he died. My mother (actually my stepmother, but the only mother I had for most of my life) died ten years ago, but I haven't had the slightest sign from her....until the night before last.

She came to me in a dream, dressed in her robe and slippers, staying long enough to hug and kiss me and tell me she loved me. I did the same, and was strongly aware of the feel of her cheek under my lips. It was a wonderful feeling.

Patience pays off...:-)

Susan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

How wonderful. It must give you such a sense of peace to have had that visit. Good.

Susan too.

Bookmark   January 9, 2006 at 9:36PM
lulie1013

Oh, Susan. You give me hope. I haven't had a dream about my mom yet.... well, not one that I can call a visit. It will be 2 years in June. I'm ready for a good one.
I'll continue to be patient, and I'm so glad that you got one from your beloved stepmother.
Lu

Bookmark   January 9, 2006 at 9:54PM
jlj48

I am so happy for you. I've only had weird dreams about my parents, dreams that do not make any sense and that I sometimes don't remember (I sleep very sound). I so long to see them in a dream, and hear them. I wish I could make it happen. You give me hope.
Joanie

Bookmark   January 9, 2006 at 11:26PM
More Discussions
i have never felt so alone lost and frightened
i too lost my husband. he was 37 when he passed. due...
BewilderedShock
Is it normal/healthy to cry over my dad dying still?
My dad died when I was 13 and now I'm 17 but I have...
someanonymousone
Giving Meaning to Life by Billy
Giving Meaning to Life by Billy, see link Here is a...
Konrad___far_north
Loss of my Mother
Um, I've never really done anything like this before...
Rachel_
Seeing a Loved One After They Passed Away
I have heard a few stories of people who have actually...
lulie___wayne
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™